HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Relevance

While there are jaded interpretations to the board’s history being presented, you seem to be posting gossip in relation to past exchanges behind the scenes, implying they are facts about my positions. I do not engage in gossip and regular posters know well we would not discuss people who are not on the board to defend themselves. If they are banned we leave them alone. Anytime anyone has private exchanges here, the content of those exchanges remains private.

Two whites on this board reasoned out and saw the truth of our positions long before many others. They did not blindly agree with us. They were cautious about the discussions they engaged on this board AFTER working out our position on many things.

Several posters jumped on them. One lifted an older article and linked a picture from another website, posting it in an attempt to discredit the debates and ownership of this website, in a post directed at one of the white ones. In my view she was quite right in not responding to this hostile and disgruntled poster. She did not berate him or insult him; she simply did not respond to him, and I 100% agreed with her judgment there. You cannot make a reasonable case that something is wrong with her because she refused to respond to a poster who was maliciously attacking her.

Many should remember that some of the disgruntled ones had no problem with a regular white poster who was joining them in the onslaught of us and this website that ensued when the Colorism debate was initially being presented here. They were not then concerned about the appropriateness of uniting with a White one against us.

Many have demonstrated how easily they believe whites and light-skin ones, so some whites and light-skin ones can easily resort to lies, distortions and behave with the worst conduct on this board, and then expect us (blacker ones) to unconditionally casually tolerate them.

Light-skin mixed ones, including you gman, have traditionally behaved quite badly on this board. Light-skin ones feel they have the edge on whites in terms of rights to Black concerns, while the privileges associated with unaddressed Colorism gives them the advantage of believability over dark-skin blacks. They easily flouted our rules, even resorting to tricky ways to 'curse' anyone, without regards for OUR right to have OUR policies and our own standards.

If some are now seeing the light, they should remember that before their eyes opened to some of the perspectives being discussed on this board, they were abusive, and some of us were ALWAYS sensitive to that. They were tolerated because WE felt they did not know better, and WE allowed them time to wake up.

Everyone is entitled to their views and judgments. We will continue to use OUR judgments and not be swayed by the judgments of people who have demonstrated that they are not consistently receptive to those who are systematically most negatively impacted in this system.

Messages In This Thread

(Ras Heru) Summer Solstice
Re: (Ras Heru) Summer Solstice
YES, right on the money (and more), Bless!!! *NM*
Selassielive, Cracking the Code is NOW relevant!!!
Re: Selassielive, Cracking the Code is NOW relevan
It has EVERYTHING to do with Summer Solstice
Re: It has EVERYTHING to do with Summer Solstice
correction
oh correction my foot!!! *NM*
Ayinde, please talk to your disciple *NM*
Re: oh correction my foot!!!
Re: oh correction my foot!!!
An irrelevant (2 thread subject) post
GMAN
Re: An irrelevant (2 thread subject) post
Relevance
Re: Relevance
Re: Relevance
Cussing
Summer Solstice - July 4th
Re: Summer Solstice - July 4th
may i join this reasoning?
well....what is the password?
Re: Summer Solstice - July 4th
the sun also sets *NM*
but rises again, every time *NM*
Re: but rises again, every time
Re: but rises again, every time *NM* *LINK*
July 4th...(Sirius) Dog-days of Summer
Re: July 4th...(Sirius) Dog-days of Summer

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com