HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Gods or Monsters?
In Response To: Re: Gods or Monsters? ()

I grew up under military dictatorships and I saw many killed casually, not just because of of the way they looked but because the killer was in uniform and could do as he pleased. This was a part of the reality where I lived but, it cannot be taken out of context. I was never on the side of the ones who killed casually but I overstand where they were coming from and I would never speak on them from a value system based on wastern thought.

There are some here who would speak on conditions in Africa with authority even though they have never stepped a foot on any part of the continent.
------------------------------------------

many here have grew up under dictators in the USA:I grew up during the 'reagan years,' one of the most prolific dictators of the past century. saw a few killed by men in uniform (police) and a few killed by other 'brothers.'

irrespective of ones world view or perspective; casual killing is wrong-and there is no 'overstanding' of the rationale behind such acts.

and your lack of an explanation for the callous statement you made has proved a few things: (1) you do not view the life of your fellow african as valuable and/or (2) you have become desensitized to the suffering of the oppressed, and speak in grand terms about liberation on the internet; but when faced with oppression and killing in front of your person, you choose to 'overstand' the rationale behind such heinous acts, instead of speaking truth to power-whether that power structure be in military uniform or otherwise. either way, it sums you up: all talk no action.

Messages In This Thread

Gods or Monsters?
Adam and Eve: Gods or Monsters?
Re: Adam and Eve: Gods or Monsters?
Re: Gods or Monsters? *LINK*
Typo
'war of the words'
Re: 'war of the words'
Re: 'war of the words'
All you can do now is ask stupid questions.
Re: All you can do now is ask stupid questions.
never on the side of the ones who killed casually
Re: All you can do now is ask stupid questions. *LINK*
Another empty barrel sounds out
Re: Another empty barrel sounds out
Re: Another empty barrel sounds out
IT'S THE THREE AMIGOS!!!!
Re: IT'S THE THREE AMIGOS!!!!

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com