Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: The Skin-Bleaching Phenomenon: Commentary

Greetings Warrior

I will attempt to answer your question as best as possible.

"1. Why do people bleach their skin? If women bleach their skin to feel “desirable” or “attractive” or attract men, do men also bleach to attract women?"

I think it is due to self hatred and inferiority complex. They have internalized babylons portrayal of the image of beauty being white. They try to get as close to white as possible. The mentally enslaved will buy the notion that lighter is better.

"2. KEY QUESTION: Can someone that bleaches their skin be “proud to be black” or isn’t that a contradiction, a severe psychological deficiency?"

NO. It is a contradiction. Just like a white person who is trying to be black. One has to be happy with how they were made.

"3. How could bleaching be banned in all Afrikan countries, such as it currently is in the Gambia?"

I am not sure about this one. Mabye they can follow the Gambian model????

"4. How does each and every one of us in the Black Community contribute to this malaise, in that the general tendency or current trend among blacks is to “look light”?"

I think one of the the problems is that Afrika and being proud to be black are not emphasized much in the home. We tend to let BET raise our children. The images portrayed (esp. of black women) indoctrinates the minds of our children as to what is preferable.

"5. Are blacks in general open enough to discuss the problems associated with skin-bleaching, i.e. even those affected, or do we really know the inner reason why people bleach their skin?"

Skin bleaching is not a major problem among black people in America (well at least I have not heard much of it here...other than michael jackson). But as far as self hatred and inferiority complexes go, dialogue can be made as long as people can pinpoint why they have self hatred and inferiority complexes. Education/knowledge of self is always the key.

I ask u Idren, do we put the ones who were born light into the same category as the ones who bleach their skin to become light? Are both devoid of blackness?

Give thanks
One

Messages In This Thread

The Skin-Bleaching Phenomenon: Commentary *LINK*
here's a start... *NM* *LINK*
another set of devils. *NM* *LINK*
SKIN-BLEACHING CAN CAUSE AIDS-LIKE SKIN DISEASE *LINK*
Re: SKIN-BLEACHING CAN CAUSE AIDS-LIKE SKIN DISEAS *LINK*
Re: SKIN-BLEACHING CAN CAUSE AIDS-LIKE SKIN DISEAS *LINK*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com