HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: WORD SOUND MUST B BLACKED BY ACTION!

Well my beloved, I am very dis -pleased about the way things appear to be going at the land grant in Shashamane Ethiopia. I was a very young man when it was brought to my attention, that this land was given to Africans in the western world 500 acres, to be inhabited, and that more would be granted as that portion is developed and inhabited by African people from the Diaspora. Rastafari people have been speaking glorious things of the Shashamane land grant for more than fifty years. Almost every Rastafari person that you can speak to, would like to go to Shashamane in Ethiopia, yet it is only 500 acres, but Rastafari people know how to share and live as a family or a Village, until more land is granted, but instead of more land being granted, they do have plans, to cut a road through the Iyaughtas Quarters which is being constructed, and which will also affect, the functioning of the Nyabinghi House.

The above letter which was addressed to the Ethiopian Government, was also sent to them by e-mail, but their has been no response up to now, but I do hope that it was brought to their attention, by their various Ambassadors throughout the world. If a road is to be cut through the dwellings of the Rastafari people at Shashamane Ethiopia, then reasonable considerations should be given, as it relates to land replacement and the cost for reconstruction,of the tabanacles.

I write this letter on this internet, in order to bring this issue to the international attention, of Rastafari people, Africans in the Diaspora, and to remind the Ethiopian Government, that the Elders must be protected, and the homeless be sheltered. I do think that every country in Mama Africa, should walk in the foot steps of Haile I Sellasse I, and grant large portion of land, for African people in the African Diaspora, so that we can send poineers, to build our Villages, and plant our vineyards, so that when we take our families back home, we can be able to improve on that which was done, and help to create prosperity, for Mama Africa and her people everywhere.

I also expected that this issue would have been taken more seriously, and that more people would write on behalf of the Elders at Shashamane, instead of people trying to say that we are not Africans, because we were born in the western hemisphere, and yet if a Chinese person is born in the western hemisphere, he is still called a chinese person, and the same goes for the Indians, and if a German Sheperd Dog was born in Trinidad or Jamaica, he is still called a German Sheperd Dog.

Africa belongs to African people those at home and those abroad, and a person who was born in Africa, has no right to be trying to dictate to us as Africa abroad, that we are not Africans, we are Africans based on our blood stock, being African is not based on the place where we were born. What would happen if a person was born on a a ship in the great blue Sea, in what is called International waters, would he be called international waters, or would he be indentified by his race or his blood stock?

Then how can any intelligent person, refuse to understand, that our ancestors had land and other properties in Mama Africa, when they were kidnapped across the middle passage, and since they could not have taken their land across the middle passage, for land is one thing that does not travel, therefore we have some land all over Mama Africa, since we stand today in the p,lace of of Great Ancient African Ancestors.
Again I send many oceans of blessings and self determination to African people everywhere
ONE BLACK HEART ONE BLACK LOVE
Baba Ras Marcus

Messages In This Thread

A Open Letter To The Ethiopian Government
Africa For Africans Those At Home and Those Abroad
Re: Africa For Africans Those At Home and Those Ab
WORD SOUND MUST B BLACKED BY ACTION!
how yuh mek yuh eye pass Baba Marcus so?
Re: how yuh mek yuh eye pass Baba Marcus so?
An honest answer
Humble yuhself...
"Oh behold de spear burning over yonder...
Re: "Oh behold de spear burning over yonder...
So Now The Struggle Continue

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com