HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Africa For Africans Those At Home and Those Ab

Why are you jumping back and forth, without actually saying anything concrete?

I asked you to carefully consider the words of the government official. I will repeat the gist of what he said; While Blacks coming from the West are welcome in Zimbabwe as immigrants, because they do not share ancestral ties to the land, the Government is not in a position to have a special programme for them, meaning if they come in to the country, they will do so within the provisions of existing legislature.

How about looking at this first. I know a personal attack against me sounds more appealing, but let's get this out of the way first, please.

"We I speak of we, I am speaking of we Africans who were born in Mama Africa, and we African who were born in the African Diaspora, working together to restore African people everywhere,s to their ancient African dignity and ways of life."

How many are you? From what I have seen of the Jamaicans, and Black British etc here, very few of them actually want to live in Africa. It doesn't mean they do not love Africa and regard it as the land of their origin. They love Africa, they are proud to be of African origin, but they are also proud to be Jamaican, Trinidadian or from Clapham.

And, seeing as we are getting personal, how come you are still in the West? Do you own property in Africa? Are you on any Voter's Roll in Africa? If you were involved in an international incident, what passport are you going to use- the all powerful American passport, or something like the one I have which proudly bears the opening Hurumende yeNyika yeZimbabwe inokumbira ani zvake kuti ape rubatsiro rwese rwakafanira kune mubati ( the Government of the Republic of Zimbabwe requests whomsoever it may concern to...)?

I think this is a serious issue because what I see in many Blacks born in the West, especially those that would claim to be Afro-centric, is a lot of rhetoric but the general reluctance to back this up with action. There is also a nauseating paternalism towards people actually born in Africa ( someone had the cheek to ask me about pending elections in Zimbabwe so as to type some lines that came accross as condescending)

There can be no question that Africans and people of African descent can work together. Likewise, there is no question that people of African descent can migrate to Africa. Likewise, we also have African-Americans who's family crossed the Atlantic voluntarily.

Don't skirt issues by bringing up Kwame Nkrumah etc or the United States of Africa. Just answer why you are still there, instead of Africa? Why won't you personally share Africa's triumphs and moments of trial? So far, all you seem to be is a spectator.

Take your time to answer. You can do the personal jibes as well- its a very human defense mechanism- but let's have the answers! Unless, of course, you don't have one.

Messages In This Thread

A Open Letter To The Ethiopian Government
Africa For Africans Those At Home and Those Abroad
WORD SOUND MUST B BLACKED BY ACTION!
Re: WORD SOUND MUST B BLACKED BY ACTION!
how yuh mek yuh eye pass Baba Marcus so?
Re: how yuh mek yuh eye pass Baba Marcus so?
An honest answer
Humble yuhself...
"Oh behold de spear burning over yonder...
Re: "Oh behold de spear burning over yonder...
So Now The Struggle Continue

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com