Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Limited Minds vs Limitless Mind

I started the thread "Why the inability to fathom ABSOLUTE TRUTHS?" by stating:
I am not trying to convince anyone who believes in people's inability to grasp absolute truths to change their view in any way. They are entitled to their views. I am simply putting on record MY disagreement with that line of reasoning."

It was further stated that:
"I maintain that position because there is no easy way to PROVE some absolute truths unless people share similar experiences.'

Those positions were clearly stated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Re: Truthfully...
Posted By: selassielive
Date: Saturday, 8 April 2006, at 4:03 p.m.
In Response To: Truthfully... (discipleofthenile)

Greetings
I can write what I think TRUTH is but I dont know absolutely without a doubt. I have no problem saying that I dont know.

I can only give my interpretation...my truth according to my life experience and level of overstanding.

Maybe a man can in his lifetime, fathom the vastness of the uni-verse. IMO, trying to grasp the absolute TRUTH is like trying to count to infinity. You keep reaching but never really get there. Can u ever get there? I really dont know.

All I have to offer is how I sight a thing. We all see things from different angles and perceptions.

I wont say that one idea is any more correct than the next because there is no way to determine correct or incorrect in this matter.

Saying you dont know a thing doesnt mean you are not striving to know it.

Peace

~~~~~~~~~~~~

* Even if he wants to speak of ONE absolute TRUTH, the post here started with ABSOLUTE TRUTHS and two were posted:

These are two absolute truths that I have experienced long before there was genetic confirmation of our origins.

1) All humans share a common African ancestry.

2) All of life shares a common universal origin.

selassielive previously stated:

"IMO, trying to grasp the absolute TRUTH is like trying to count to infinity. You keep reaching but never really get there. Can u ever get there? I really dont know."

http://www.rastafarispeaks.com/cgi-bin/forum/config.pl?noframes;read=712 01

Then he says among other contradictory things:

"Just for the record. I am not the only person who has ever stated that he thought the Absolute TRUTH was unattainable"

http://www.rastafarispeaks.com/cgi-bin/forum/config.pl?noframes;read=720 85

First he says he does not know, then he reminds us his position is that it is unattainable.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the book "Limitless Mind: A Guide to Remote Viewing", Russell Targ wrote this preface:

"Loving awareness - which some call God - we discover that we already have, right now within us, everything we could possibly be looking for. This is what the Hindus call ananda, and what Jesus called "the peace that passeth understanding." Our needs and wants are the illusions. The spiritual path called A Course in Miracles teaches: "I am not a body. I am free...as God created me." In Limitless mind, I will demonstrate that this is a testable hypothesis that does not require belief in anything.

The data from remote viewing research show, without a doubt, that our mind is limitless and that our awareness both fills and transcends our ordinary understanding of space and time. Psychic abilities and remote viewing in particular, point to the possibility of our residing in - and as - this state of expanded, timeless, fearless, spacious awareness. Psychic abilities are neither sacred nor secular; they are just natural human abilities. We can use them to find lost car keys or elusive parking spaces, to forecast changes in the stock market, or to discover who we really are. I believe that 99 percent of the value of psychic abilities resides in the opportunity they offer for self-inquiry and self-realization."

* Although this quote in general supports my position I can also find fault with things stated there.

The mind and thoughts are intangible ('unseen'). They have no measurable physical structure so people CANNOT measure their full potential and as such they cannot place a limit on these intangibles. People cannot see (with eyes), smell, touch and taste them, but people know they exist. All these intangible aspects of nature are beyond the limits of matter. Once people cannot place a limit on these aspects of humans, they cannot place a limit on what people can achieve because although people are made up of matter (tangible), they are also made up of essence/self/spirit (intangible).

All that exists, when broken down in their most basic subatomic structure, consists of a form/rate of vibration. It is these subatomic structures and vibrations that allows for greater feats. Shift the vibration and alter the possibilities. The possibilities are endless.

People should strive to build on the best of the past and not be limited or enslaved by others or what they accomplished. It is not about realizing that this or that guy did well and then kneeling down and praying to them, but to realize that human possibilities are endless and be inspired by the good 'words and deeds' of others towards elevating one's self.

Messages In This Thread

Why the inability to fathom absolute truths?
Re: Why the inability to fathom absolute truths?
more than one absolute truth
Re: more than one absolute truth
Truthfully...
Re: Truthfully...
sounds familiar...
Re: sounds familiar...
reveal
Re: reveal
Seen *NM*
Choice and Nature (Jah?)
Re: Choice and Nature (Jah?)
Re: Choice and Nature (Jah?)
Re: Why the inability to fathom absolute truths? *LINK*
If you say so *NM*
True *NM*
The elephant in the room!
Let us be fools...why worry?
Re: Let us be fools...why worry?
Taste of water
You MUST have seen this coming...
Re: You MUST have seen this coming...
Re: You MUST have seen this coming...
Yes siree!!! gotcha again, boss! *NM*
Re: Yes siree!!! gotcha again, boss!
Re: Yes siree!!! gotcha again, boss!
2+2=5...(Ingsoc) *NM*
Limited Minds vs Limitless Mind
Re: Limited Minds vs Limitless Mind

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com