HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Why the inability to fathom absolute truths?

What I posted in response to the original post were general comments and not a reply to any one person.

You said: "I dont believe that I have ever said anything about this being an automatic process."

* I never said YOU said that. I said, "It is ok if you feel people automatically get in line with their essence ... I know differently." The process is specific to get one's self in harmony and turn on the flow. I am simply saying it is not an automatic process.

You said: "although i would be surprised if you were in any better position to 'prove' your ideas than I, or anyone else for that matter."

* I have no intention of trying to surprise you. I am certain that I am not trying to prove my ideas/experiences to you or anyone through this exchange. All of what I have explained here can and has been proven to various degrees with people of different races and cultural upbringing. I am explaining my positions through MY experiences.

You said: "You are right, I have some misgivings about the capacity of people to understand absolute truth, and I do think that the essence of truth is indefinable, in the sense that you cant write it down or say it in the same way that I can write down a rule of grammar or a mathematical equation."

* It is good to have some misgivings when dealing with things that are out of the ordinary, especially in these times, but you cannot prove that humans do not have the ability to grasp absolute truths and to define the universal force. All you have proven is that you have not grasped "the essence of truth", while others have. If someone takes the position that people cannot know and/or do certain things that I KNOW people can do, then I feel it is unnecessary to have an extended debate with them on those things. If you were clear about your misgivings from the start, I would have quickly informed you how out of place you were.

I think it is dangerous to be spreading the idea that people cannot learn and speak absolute truths. I noticed that you have shifted here from "transcendental truth" to "absolute truth". As I already stated, absolute truths are not only transcendental ones.

I am also suspicious of some people, especially whites, peddling these lines. Slavery was/is absolutely wrong. White Supremacy is extremely wicked and absolutely immoral. Where is their sincerity when these same ones express feelings similar to misgivings about the capacity of people to understand absolute truth?

Dark-skinned kinky-hair Black people (as well as all other people) should be absolutely convinced of the truth in those statements. They should not doubt what they know for sure was/is absolutely wrong.

Blacks should be encouraged to read African history. History that speaks of the supernatural abilities that some of our ancestors developed and be inspired to try to develop their abilities also. They should not think these things are impossible and were mere fantasies to be dispensed with. As a result of unaddressed issues, some people discourage others from seeking their full potential, while I find it useful to encourage people to discover all the beneficial qualities that were part of our history.

Africans who communed with our ancestors and the Universe were clear on the afterlife. They were not Black fools who deluded themselves. Black Africans and others should not be reading African History with the mindset that such abilities are not possible when our esteemed ancestors did otherwise. All of these abilities require that people discover the absolute truths that are the principles for life.

You said: "Am i to take it that you are referring to my good self here Ayinde? if so, it is my belief that I may not have been clear enough in expressing my point of view. So I will give it another shot."

* IN MY VIEW you are being typically passive-aggressive and sly (qualities I dislike in Whites). You were only clear for the first time (in your second to last response) about your misgivings.

My comments included you. You cannot escape being a product of your racial and general cultural upbringing and the positions you take on matters, just like I. That on its own does not make you right or wrong. Consider, if someone thinks the absolute truth is indefinable, then IT IS A GIVEN that they will defend their position and most likely will not be satisfied with any definition anyone gives. There is nothing odd about drawing that conclusion. I am sure you can spin that many ways and find it applicable.

Someone could be absolutely clear about a definition and another unclear.

For example, if you are not familiar with New York City, and while trying to find Macy’s you lose your way, it will take more detailed instructions to get you on track than someone familiar with New York City who is lost while trying to find Macy’s. A simple explanation could get the one who is already familiar on track. I explained this in a different way in my last response. Not all people will be clear with the same truth. Some will need more/less aspects/information than others based on personal experiences to understand the truth.

It is for ease of discussions that some topics are best reasoned among people who share similar experiences. If the discussions were about the ways we can utilize abilities that some of us have discovered based on grasping certain absolute truths, it would be almost meaningless to engage those discussions with people who have not discovered those abilities, especially if they feel people CANNOT have them. I am sharing here so some would be aware that there are many abilities to be discovered and to keep an open mind.

I am different (as expected); based on MY transcendental experiences (which I shared from) I KNOW humans can do much more so I always expect people to discover greater abilities and to do better.

Anyhow, you have shared YOUR views, and I have shared from MY experiences.

Messages In This Thread

Why the inability to fathom absolute truths?
more than one absolute truth
Re: more than one absolute truth
Truthfully...
Re: Truthfully...
sounds familiar...
Re: sounds familiar...
reveal
Re: reveal
Seen *NM*
Choice and Nature (Jah?)
Re: Choice and Nature (Jah?)
Re: Choice and Nature (Jah?)
Re: Why the inability to fathom absolute truths? *LINK*
If you say so *NM*
True *NM*
The elephant in the room!
Let us be fools...why worry?
Re: Let us be fools...why worry?
Taste of water
You MUST have seen this coming...
Re: You MUST have seen this coming...
Re: You MUST have seen this coming...
Yes siree!!! gotcha again, boss! *NM*
Re: Yes siree!!! gotcha again, boss!
Re: Yes siree!!! gotcha again, boss!
2+2=5...(Ingsoc) *NM*
Limited Minds vs Limitless Mind
Re: Limited Minds vs Limitless Mind

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com