HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Why the inability to fathom absolute truths?

You said: "Jah is the awareness that encompasses all that is, perfect all embracing overstanding that is manifest in those characteristics that are named omnisciece, omnipotence, and omnipresence.
most simply put, to myself, jah is all."

* We DO have different meanings.

The order whereby I engage/engaged universal forces, allowed I to define them. I am sharing definitions based on MY personal experiences. I have never read any definition of this Universal, All Knowing Force that gave I the impression the writer wrote based on personal experiences. I will not be surprised if I now start seeing similar definitions to what I am posting here, following this post.

I know the Universal Life Force or Essence, which to I is the heart of all that exist. Jah and God are not my terms of choice. If I ever happen to use them it would be in the same context as when I say Universal Essence or Universal Life Force. This force is the essential knowledge of life.

All aspects of nature contain bits of this essence but in their fragmented state they are not the Universal Essence/Life Force. These fragmented bits of essence are developing through many stages to grasp (or connect up with) more of itself. Through essentially reconnecting to the Universal Life Force, then that aspect (conscious person) has become an extension of that Universal Life Force.

An analogy:

Houses have to connect to the main water system (source) so people get running water within their houses. You can use the supply of water when you want (you have to know how to 'turn on' the main). Your house remains unique to your personal experiences and taste but you share the common water supply. That water supply is comparable to our common Universal Self/Essence/Life Force.

All the connections that allow the water to be collected, purified and distributed constitute the mind of the water system. Once connected you automatically become part of that vast network.

You said: "So to have the mind of jah would be to achieve a state of consciousness that was capable of percieving all, the kind of understanding of the absolute level of truth that has been part of the core of this discussion."

* The work is to reconnect thus harmonize with the Universal Essence/Life Force. In that way conscious beings do not lose their individuality while they share the same Universal Essence and Mind. Essential truths would be easily grasped by all reconnected people, as truths are experienced and make sense on many more levels than just the gross intellectual and emotional ones. Individual minds harmonize with the Universe so ones have access to a whole range of truths, thoughts and experiences.

PS:

How do people know that their idea of an all knowing being is real and in all things? Of course, much of this is accepted on blind faith (nothing too wrong there), but what about direct experiences?

Greetings Ayinde

Your definition of Universal force is not a new one. So I dont expect it should be a surprise if someone else has similiar thoughts. What Livelyup posted about his idea of JAH/The Universal I, is HIS perception of this force. His attempt or ability to grasp it allows him, as well as anyone else to define it as well. Knowing that ones have different perspectives of the Absolute truth, how can one prove that their view is more valid than another? That the water coming thru their pipes provides more of a sustenance than another's? Do we take a show of hands? Religion cant prove the existence of the first cause/TRUTH/God beyond a doubt and neither can science. So it is a matter of personal perspective. This is why Emperor Haile Selassie I say that our livity is personal. I said, when the reasonings about TRUTH first started, that the TRUTH sighted by individuals are relative, containing echos, reflections, and fragments of TRUTH. I sight that you are saying similiar things.

These fragments can be shined, polished, refined, etc, and will forever remain a part of the Universal Essence, but not that essence itself. Nevertheless, you will become closer to that essence. I dont dispute that. I only dispute the ability to know ALL. Because to know the working of the whole UNIverse would mean that ones would have to know beyond the scientific laws contained on earth. There are plenty of realities that exist beyond InI comprehension here on earth IMO...even here on earth still. The sun is responsible for physical life here on earth. But what about life beyond this sun(solar) system? Can we without a doubt know that what we perceive as NATRUAL law here on earth applies everywhere in the universe?

This is why I say that I dont know the TRUTH and I dont know if we truly can know the Universal/Absolute/Cosmic TRUTH. I never said that we should not strive to know as much as we can about the TRUTH. Saying that we DO know the TRUTH is saying that there is nothing else to strive for, we have 'arrived'. You are no longer a teacher and a student, you are only a teacher. This is not a logical state since one has to learn in order to teach and vice versa.

PS: When I speak of TRUTH, I mean the first cause, the spark or 'word' of the UNI - verse. I am not referring to essential truths such as man needs water, food, shelter to survive. Or that gravity on earth makes things fall toward it. These are things we can know by observation, experience, which leads to the creation of scientific laws and theorems.

I just have a few questions for you to help I see more clearly.

How in our trod can we verify that we know and live the TRUTH?

Do our senses limit this ability?

Most importantly, who in your opinion has obtained knowledge of the All Encompassing TRUTH?

Give thanks

Messages In This Thread

Why the inability to fathom absolute truths?
more than one absolute truth
Re: more than one absolute truth
Truthfully...
Re: Truthfully...
sounds familiar...
Re: sounds familiar...
reveal
Re: reveal
Seen *NM*
Choice and Nature (Jah?)
Re: Choice and Nature (Jah?)
Re: Choice and Nature (Jah?)
Re: Why the inability to fathom absolute truths? *LINK*
If you say so *NM*
True *NM*
The elephant in the room!
Let us be fools...why worry?
Re: Let us be fools...why worry?
Taste of water
You MUST have seen this coming...
Re: You MUST have seen this coming...
Re: You MUST have seen this coming...
Yes siree!!! gotcha again, boss! *NM*
Re: Yes siree!!! gotcha again, boss!
Re: Yes siree!!! gotcha again, boss!
2+2=5...(Ingsoc) *NM*
Limited Minds vs Limitless Mind
Re: Limited Minds vs Limitless Mind

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com