HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Not that serious?!?!
In Response To: Re: Not that serious?!?! ()

From Ras Heru:

"i personally view facts, as that which LEADS up to certain truths, but not the FULL spectrum of it. for instance, in all the fields of science, they come up with certain facts to help them come up with a better understanding in their field of study, but, they know that its not the ULTIMATE truth(the full truth), as they know things change in nature, and they must always keep their eyes peeled. as far as ones being taken from that continent modernly called "Africa" and being enslaved, this is a fact and is also true. but this was an historical event, so it is much easier. a FACT can start from the beginning, and can be PROVEN as TRUE, but at the end of the analyzing, the truth can show something different. basically, just keep an open mind, thats all. P.E.A.C.E!"

"i have a problem with tis title seshata, even though it's slight. if something is a RELATIVE truth, that doesnt meant that it is not the truth, it just means its not an ABSOLUTE truth, the ALL PERVADING truth. for instance, some of the laws of physics that pertain to this realm, MAY NOT pertain to other realms of existence. according to some scientists, a BLACK hole kind of goes around InI fundamental understanding of physics(physical nature).the ALL pervading truth that unites ALL RELATIVE truths, is BEYOND balance. i get what ur saying tho. Selam"

From Livelyup:

"There would seem to be a view of truth as 'facts', verifiable aspects of the nature of the universe, such as those you have nominated, and another of truth as being a transendant underlying principle that may well unify or be the foundation of these facts."

My thoughts are pretty much in line with theirs concerning absolute truth. So I dont know what you mean about being up Ras Heru's azz.

I also site this as well:

"Classical Rastas...approached Rastafari in an almost Talmudic spirit, holding "reasonings" --part theological debate, part prayer meeting-- at which they attempted to find the Truth.
Their attitude differed, however, from that of Protestants interpreting the Bible. They were certain that they would arrive, by divine guidance, at an "overstanding" (rather than understanding) of the Truth. The Truth cannot be known by human effort alone, but "Jah-Jah come over I&I", one can participate in the One who is TRUTH."
~ taken from, Sketch of Rastafari History

I will only comment on one other part of your post because I am not trying to keep this intellectual masterbation going.

You wrote:
"Also, how can you now state that you do not understand things when YOU posted so many things that I have learned from...is it possible that you were just being a Cut and Paste Samarai? Did you not overstand yourself, the things that you have posted for me: equanimity, buddha, ma'at, ennead/pantheon, persona/relative ego, creation/evil/good? It is almost convincing that someone has breached your screen name and is inpersonating you."

What I post is from my overstanding (relative truths). And I still could be missing the mark. When you start talking about the absolute TRUTH, I can give I opinion but I know for a fact that I miss the mark and will not claim to know something that IMAN feel is unfathomable."

You can call me childish all you want.

But I did not run to another poster for assistance, like a child runs to his father.

I did not say you were part of an inquisition.

I did not compare you to two other posters from this forum.

Nor had I accused you of running from or fighting against anyone or thing.

But you are right Iciple.

You win all 'challenges'.

You satisfied now?

Call it running (tucking my tail as you said previously) if ya want.

So now can we dead this?

Peace

P.S: In I opinion, the major difference between confidence and arrogance is that the former needs no validation, while the latter craves it.

Also, many people have died and suffered from the hands of ones who claim to know the absolute truth. That is religion at it's finest. Rastafari is not to fall into that trap. That is why Ras Tafari say that faith/belief/ones version of TRUTH is personal.

You can sight it as a cheap shop if you wish.

Who feels it knows it.

Messages In This Thread

Facts of the Matter?
Re: Facts of the Matter?
absolute zero *LINK*
Re: absolute zero
vacuum cleaner *LINK*
Re: vacuum cleaner
Absolute truth thought police
Re: Absolute truth thought police
Not that serious?!?!

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com