1. HOW CAN A RESPONSIBLE MAN, MARRIED, AN HIV-ACTIVIST, HAVE EVEN ‘CONSENSUAL SEX’ WITH A KNOWN HIV-POSITIVE PATIENT, A FAMILY FRIEND, ESPECIALLY WITHOUT A CONDOM? (… They say Zuma was the plaintiff’s ‘father-figure’, or that she and Zuma had a father-to-daughter kind of relationship, since Zuma and her late father were comrades-in-arms in days by-gone. Zuma is 33years older than her and knows her from the time she was 5 years old!).
*** I don't know what led up to his rationalization of such an action.
2. HOW “RESPONSIBLE” IS THAT OF ANY MAN AT ALL?
*** It's not.
3. WOULD SUCH A MAN BE FIT TO BE THE NEXT PRESIDENT OF SOUTH AFRICA, AS HE STILL HOPES?
***Considering that the President of S.Africa has to maintain the economic interests of the Zionist and Western capitalist and that the ANC largely 'sold out' the African masses of Azania at the end of apartheid anyway... I don't see why not.
4. WHAT ROLE, IF ANY, DOES (AFRICAN) PATRIARCHAL CULTURE POTENTIALLY PLAY IN SUCH AN UGLY INCIDENT THAT ENDED UP BEING “UPGRADED” AS RAPE? … (because obviously, Zuma disagrees that it was “rape”)
Good question. It payed a role, but to what extent would have to be deeply analyzed and put into context with to what role European patriarchal culture played in this incident and how it may have stagnated, retarded, and 'influenced' African patriarchy because of colonial oppression Western imperialism.
5. DO NATIONAL HEROES NEVER FAULT, OR IS PUBLICITY RELATING TO THIS CASE NOW SQUARELY IN THE CONTROLLING HANDS OF THE “FOREIGN-INFLUENCED” FEMINIST MOVEMENT AND THE POWERFUL FOREIGN MEDIA OUTLETS?
Everyone has their contradictions, just as every society has their contradictions.
6. HOW SHOULD MODERN AFRIKANS (OR ‘MODERATE AFRIKANS’)—MEN & WOMEN—IDENTIFY WITH THE CONCEPT OF FEMINISM (within the context of African culture), OR SHOULD FEMINISM HAVE NO PLACE IN AFRIKAN SOCIETY AT ALL?
7. AND IS FEMINISM AN ALIEN CONCEPT THAT COULD NEVER BE POSITIVE FOR THE CULTURAL AND SOCIAL WELL-BEING OF THE AFRIKAN WOMAN ON THE CONTINENT OF AFRIKA?
8. ARE THE “DEFENCE MECHANISMS OF FEMINISM” FOREIGN POISONOUS CULTURE?
***I am also puzzled by the fact that Zuma knew the woman was HIV positive, and yet he had sex with her. That is very, VERY strange. I'm not claiming to have followed the case very closely, but I have privy to hear male and female aquaintances from Southern Africa discuss it.
I don't think Western feminism is the answer for the African/Black Women's liberation. Parts of the ideology or tactics can be taken and tweeked perhaps, but the ideology can't be solely used as a whole. An end to female oppression is necessary the world over, but I don't think feminism is 'the' solution. Women in the West are still oppressed, exploited, and raped. Feminism largely won 'European' women the right to vote(before African/Blacks had the 'right'), and work, use birth control ect., African/Black women have always 'worked' in the West. Sexual exploitation of women in the West is still prevalent(especially Black women of course). Yes, I can vote, work, use birth control ect.(as women in S. Africa can also) but being made into a booty shaking, always half naked sex object, is not my idea of liberation. The objectification that occurs in the West is far from freedom and liberation IMO.
FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml