Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: More Myths About About Blacks and Racist Cops

hello everyone.

I disagree with some aspects of the posts so far. I found that crash was a good movie, i appreciated how it explored the racial tensions and prejudices in modern day LA., and i thought it was realistic in the way it did so. I thought it was just, in that it took a look at the black male not as a superhuman or a subhuman, but as a very conflicted individual in the N. American and western context. In fact, it showed angles of persons that hollywood doesnt normally show: the intelligent, analytical and aware aspect of the black male, and the familial, caring side of an LA cop. I dont think it justified or condemned any of the individuals in the movie by their subsequent actions: the cop is not justified because he saves a life, and the black male (ludacris) is not villified because he goes on to rob. It just shows that ppl act very differently when faced with different circumstances.

one other ting : to say that ppl who find crash was a good movie or a bad movie are this way or that as concerns conciousness of Black Africaness, i dont agree with dat. if someone has an opinion different to u it should be weighed with as much relevance as u would weigh ur own. the discovery of what it really means to be African (i think) comes not from ppl patting each other on the back as they agree with each other's every perspective, but from discussion and even argument, as we search out each other's ideas for truth. Having said all this, let me express how much i appreciate all the info available on these sites, and also mention that i am off to watch the movie again, and if i see that i should modify my position, i will.

peace

Messages In This Thread

More Myths About About Blacks and Racist Cops *LINK*
'Crash' Peddles Racial Stereotypes but Forgets Abo
Investigating the Crash Scene *LINK*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com