HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: More Myths About About Blacks and Racist Cops

Actually I was inclined to see that movie following your positive posted comments about it. Immediately after viewing the movie ‘Crash’ I told some people that the movie was crap, and it appears that Blacks who find it is a good movie are not really dark-skinned Black African sensitive.

The movie reinforces negative stereotypes about Black Africans and actually makes more sensible Black Africans appear to be quite foolish. Early on in the movie, there was this scene with two Black African guys who were outdoors walking and one of them observed how a white female held tightly to her male upon seeing them. He relayed this to his partner about how the couple reacted upon seeing Blacks, and they reasoned this a bit. This aspect showed more insightful Black Africans who were actually thinking and reasoning. But immediately following that rap session they showed these same two Black guys robbing the same White couple, reinforcing the negative White stereotypical portrayal of Black Africans.

The movie "Crash" was crap. I did not publicly comment on it sooner for several reasons, but I specifically did not want to appear to be "challenging" you, suspecting you would get defensive over a silly movie that did not warrant any defense.

Any serious Black African comments about that movie should highlight the obvious reinforcement of negative stereotypes about Black Africans.

Messages In This Thread

More Myths About About Blacks and Racist Cops *LINK*
'Crash' Peddles Racial Stereotypes but Forgets Abo
Investigating the Crash Scene *LINK*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com