HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: RA: Thankhsgiving for Blackness

People (who I have reasoned with) who are more affected by this system than I maintain that my position is quite humble and respectful. I am recognizing that I (who qualifies in appearance as a dark-skinned kinky-hair African) should defer leadership positions and financial rewards from the struggle to people who are more affected by the system than I. I cannot humble to weak positions, but 'i' can easily give way to all that is greater than 'i'. That is the only way I can make sense.

I have long concluded that you would hold tight to your distortions about our position (YOU ARE NOT DISTORTING MY VIEW). You are trying to give a distorted impression of my/our view.

If you go back to the first response I posted to you (and two others), you would realize that I was not attempting to reason this issue with you. I was pointing out that you were giving a distorted idea of OUR views on this issue. For example, if someone read your post they would come away with the impression that the only criteria WE are using for leadership suitability is being dark-skinned Black. This is certainly not true. We have long acknowledged that there are many dark-skinned Black Africans who are misinformed and misguided. They would also get the impression that we are dismissing and disrespecting other people who are not dark-skinned Black. This again is not true as you are aware that we cooperate with some Whites and there are light-skinned Blacks involved in administrating this website.

It was good 'discipleofthenile' felt to apologize. I did not ask that of him (or anyone else). Many more people should have apologized for doing crap on this site, but I understand the false pride issue, so many will not. They are not better off for it.

While I understand how discipleofthenile came to his conclusion and I can see merit in his rationalization, I, however, would prefer that this position be grasped from the PRINCIPLE of realizing that those who are most negatively affected by something should be the ones to be in the forefront of the movement for change.

I would prefer the attitude be cultivated whereby those who feel they are better informed and/or less affected by the social ills, support those who are more affected. Allow them to get the fame and fortune and any other benefit from being in the front line of the struggle. If people are negatively discriminating, then that which they despise should be lifted to be in their face every day.

There are too many advantages to our position that makes the whole effort so much more efficient and tight for I to defer to a position that leaves a weak link that can be exploited to weaken a movement. If all who feel they are better off were about really uplifting the worst victims then there would be no shortage of dark-skinned kinky-hair Black Africans to be at the forefront of so many institutions.

Many people may be ethnically Black/African, even by U.S. standards (which we all do not accept), but not actually Black in looks and dark-skin Black African sensitive. The system negatively impacts darker-skinned kinky-hair Black Africans, especially those without stereotypical White features, the most. If people claim that they are unable to find suitable dark-skinned kinky-hair Black Africans for any position, then I would suggest that it is racism and colorism that is denying those dark-skinned Blacks. It is definitely colorism why other Blacks cannot see suitably qualified dark-skinned kinky-hair Blacks.

For too long Black movements have been placating dark-skinned kinky-hair Black Africans while whites and light-skinned folks have been getting their way. Those who are most affected have long been expected to be the last in line to get redress.

If you don't get it, then you don't. This Black Movement is not waiting on selassielive and Ayinde to agree. You can build with those whom you agree with, as I continue building with those who see 'i' to 'I' with I on these issues.

Messages In This Thread

The degree of blackness
Re: The degree of blackness
Re: The degree of blackness *LINK*
Shirley Chisholm
Re: Shirley Chisholm *NM* *LINK*
RA: Thankhsgiving for Blackness

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com