HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: The paper bag test
In Response To: Re: The paper bag test ()

Anyone who has a problem with 100% Africans at the head of an African liberation movement should be considered suspect! This is my final word on the subject of colorism. I refuse to be lead around in circles by those who choose to be deliberately obtuse.

This ridiculous notion that if you're an advocate for 100% Africans you are somehow analogous to Hitler is yet another attempt by the "usual suspects" to obfuscate. Consider this, as bad as Hitler was and as dead as Hitler is, he merits more attention from our mass media than the plight of Africans everywhere. So much so that "ET" travelling through the universe could be in no doubt about the appearance, personality and idealogy of the Aryan. Yet some here claiming to be Africans, refuse to concede the same to Africans.

There is no reasoning with belligerence, and since this is a reasoning forum, such arguments are futile. There is a post by Rootsie on the "Murder of George Jackson" I found the last paragraph quite telling, and I'll reproduce it here for those who have not found the time to read Rootsie's post:

"We must remain one with the people and realize that because many who are oppressed still identify with the oppressor, much of today's work is helping to change consciousness.
During the first visit by a National Lawyers Guild delegation to Cuba in 1970, someone who fought alongside Fidel in the Sierra Maestra said that the Cuban battle was much easier than ours in North America because everyone knew Batista had to go, the only question being how to get rid of him.
Our battle, he said, was much harder: the battle of the mind, to first get people to understand who their oppressors are, and then to motivate them to act to change their condition. That is the struggle that continues today."

I wish true warriors success, in this ongoing battle for the lost minds and souls of our people.

Messages In This Thread

Brown Paper Bag Test *LINK*
Cool Guy...but too light-skinned *NM* *LINK*
Re: Cool Guy...but too light-skinned *LINK*
Re: Brown Paper Bag Test
The paper bag test *LINK*
john brown paper bag test

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com