Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: (Ayinde) Reasonings
In Response To: (Ayinde) Reasonings ()

You asked: "I would like to know when is a reasoning complete or when/how does one know when the "higher truth" has been presented. Yes, I see how egos and the fact that this forum is international would prevent ones from humbling. But when is the reasoning closed?"

* That is up to the individuals. No one can decide for others if a reasoning is completed.

You said: "I feel that a reasoning is seeking what I once knew but "forgot", A truth that I already know but I somehow have amnesia. All minds of the Motherland and Diaspora in unity."

* That is partly true. Reasoning is also seeking to discover things you never knew.

You said: "Yes, I take this reasoning forum as sacred grounds. And seek and speak truth every moment."

* The best people should do is speak what they honestly believe/feel/understand is the truth. It may not necessarily be the truth as how others see it and it could be proven to be completely wrong, but people have to start with what they honestly have.

You said: "However, there are so many reasonings that have been started or commented on that, in my mind, are still open and un-resolved."

* Sure. You may not be satisfied with a reasoning but others may be quite satisfied. As I said before, it is up to individuals to decide that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Some additional comments:

Often people deliberately flame others, by misrepresenting their positions in the hope that the person would defensively respond and give them the answers they want. To I, that is a dishonest and disrespectful approach to reasoning. This may work with some people, but it is not a good way to get clarity from I. I often refuse to share with someone who I feel is being deliberately dishonest.

There are many things that people say on this board that I can challenge and offer alternative perspectives, but I deliberately stay with certain issues that I feel are at the root of clearing up many others. I leave others with their views on many other issues. All people have different states of awareness so they will not all agree on the same things. Sometimes people ask questions that I would love to respond to but, they are not really addressing I and/or I may not have the time to stay with the particular reasoning, so I let it fly.

I have learnt that people generally do not like the idea of one person knowing a lot of things. I am always mindful of that although I would not pretend to be ignorant just to accommodate ignorance. I just would not enter every debate on the board.

All the people who manage this Website have other projects on the ground to attend to. Some are actually balancing four things. They have jobs, attend University, do other earthly social projects and also assist with this Website.

Anyhow, this is some extra views about how I operate and what's going on with others here. I look forward to your comments on the "Brown Paper Bag Test" thread.

Messages In This Thread

(Ayinde) Reasonings

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com