HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Diluted Rastafari Icon? *LINK*
In Response To: Re: Diluted Rastafari Icon? ()

* Why it’s hard for you to believe those folks from Somalia do not call themselves "Africans"? Listen, to them Africans are the "Bantus," the blacks of the Sahara and the Sub Sahara from Mali on down. I bet your Somalia friend does distinguishes between his people and, even, his neighbors in Ethiopia/Eritrea/Kenya/Sudan.
----------------
im sure that there are some somalians that hold teh opinion that you assert. however, i dont believe that this is true of all somalians. the somalians (my friend included) may distinguish b/n himself and his neighbors in ethiopia/Eritrea/Kenya/Sudan; however you do the same thing. you may differentiate africans based on their skin color, and these people may differeniate africans by some other attribute. the result is still the same-division.
----
During my hospital stays, one month ago, I met an Ethiopian "sister" who was sharing my room. Very interesting the way she was very proud to be ISLAMIC and called me straight up a Bantu while claimed herself to be a "Semitic Kushitic." She was a thin girl in physiognomy and hue something that approaches Arab.
-----
i think that we all may have a story to tell that may reflect negatively on another african. i have met brothers from west africa, that refuse to address one another by anything else, but 'my nigga' and constantly pursue white women. however, i would not make a judement call on all west africans based on these encounters and observation of these w. africans.
-----
Ethiopians and Somalians are often like that.
-----
this is what is commonly reffered to as stereotyping.
-----
Many of them are aloof at best and anti-black at worst to say the least. Why I would be lying?
------
im not suggesting that you are lying. im suggesting that you make broad general statements on populations of millions of people, because of what you may have expereinced in you daily life/experiences. i could make the statement that congoleese or w. africans like killing each other, and are mutilators at best; because i have met several brothers and sisters, including children that have half arms and half legs, because a 'fellow-african' has chosen to victimize innocent civilians. would this be correct? i dont think so, but these conclusions could be drawn out of ignorance, and a refusal to look at an individual, and judge them on their merit and contribution to a semblance of African Unity.
-------------
Did it occurred to you that there is no contradiction in me living in Amerikkka (well for awhile anyway) and still being a conscious African?
-------------
no-you had a CHOICE, might I repeat CHOICE in the matter. Diasporans have no choice in this matter. we did not choose the fact that our grandfathers mother was raped; due to her being at the mercy of a brutal overseer on the farm she was sharecropping in south carolina; thus resulting in our not being 'pure' as you would assert. we did not have a choice in the fact that we do not have the luxury of reffering to the region from which our ancestors are from; or the indegenouse language that our forefathers spoke. we have had no choice in the reality that we were born in amerika; for we did not get on a plane and come to this country out of our own free will-you did.
----------
So, now I hear stupid statement from you that I want to be American, please it’s like my greatest fear.
---------
well you may not want to be an american, but the reality remains that you are here; and you came here by choice. did anyone force you on the plane/ did you explore options to seek solace in more peaceful neighboring countries? my brother in law is congoleese and he was offered political asylum in new zealand, as well as opportunities that was afforded him to come study at the college i work-he refused both offers and remains in namibia, and is working diligently to bring his family to namibiaAFRICA, until peace reigns in the congo.
----------
I laugh when I read this! Sometimes your rebuttal arguments reveal your own "thoughts" (unintentionally). But basically, I laugh because I know where you are living too (not in Africa).
----------
as i stated previously i have no choice in the matter;being born and raised in this country. i did not come here by choice.
-----
Have gone to Africa yet? What part of Africa have you stayed? I would like to know!
----
im assuming that you are asking why have i not gone to africa yet. the short answer is economics and my immediate family. i have a a daughter who is sixteen and a son who is 16mos old. I am currently seeking opportunities in the humanitarian and logistics field in africa as we speak. We have family in namibia, but i would consider living and working in any location on the continent where i am needed.
---------
How do You feel about making repatriation a real idea??
----
great question. the first reality that one must engage in is advocating for the implementation of policies that would allow for ones to be granted permanent residency
in the countries of there choice., or the country where thir expertise is needed most. i have often wondered about how best to facilitate an organizd mass repatriation; however, i have not given up, but i have to some degree resigned myself to the reality that most of my african counterparts in the diaspora, including many continentals have no intention of forwarding to africa, for no more than an extended vacation. with this in mind i am preparing my immediate family for an exodus, Jah willing early 2007.
-------
It would fun…think of the culture, food, music, the night life with clubs and bars, the beat, cities, bush (jungle areas) and the people of Africa!
-------
your sarcasm is noted, and it is a bit funny. thanks for the humor.
------------
What are you doing toward Repatriation instead of just sitting in Amerikkka watching the news on TV about Africa?
-----
there isnt much news on the tv about africa. however, i have noted some of my personal endeavors as they pertain to repatriation; working on educating myself on humanitarian services as well as logistics, and human rights law, attempting to organize and centralize africans in the diaspora to utilze their expertise by contributing to an organization that my wife and i have founded; ADHAC: African Diaspora HIV/AIDS Corps, an organization that shall work with African medical proffessionals, social workers and community developers in the Diaspora, who will collectively secure the human and financial resources to forward and work with communities that have been affected by the HIV/AIDS pandemic, on the ground in Africa. We are also beginning to initiate converstaions with the Alliance of Mayors and Municipal Leaders in Africa, AMICAAL, to determine where our services would be the most needed. I will be sure to inform you, and/or any other African of the results of the fruits of our labor.

Messages In This Thread

What does it mean to be black in the 21st century? *LINK*
Re: What does it mean to be black in the 21st cent
Re: Diluted Rastafari Icon?
Re: Diluted Rastafari Icon? *LINK*
Re: The whole response to Selassielive!
Re: the whole africa was once called Ethiopia/Abys *NM*
What about InI invaded & occupied lands in Asia ? *NM*
Re: POWERFUL AND INSIGHTFUL POSTS EJA AFRICAN LOVE *NM*
Re: GREAT POST!!! *NM*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com