HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: What does it mean to be black in the 21st cent

"If you would look closely, you would see that this is in direct response to karibkweens statement about "100% Afrikan ("Therefore, it is the natural right of Africans on the path towards African liberation to demand that their icons be 100% African."). Although I do think we do have that right, Pianke later showed how inaccurate it can be to label someone 100% Afrikan or not. Even Kelani's description of 100% Afrikan is shown to be false and based mainly on phenotype and not genotype. This is where I feel the divisiveness and willie lynchism comes into play. We dont alienate a brownskinned Afrikan because his skin is not dark enough to be an "icon" of blackness."

If you had been truly observant you would have noticed that whenever I use the term "Black" or "White" I place them between double quotations. I do this because the term "Black" does not define me. I prefer African or as Eja would say, Afarakan. I am not a subscriber to the "one love" theory. My sensibilities are Afrakan, I empathise and identify with Afrakans, I will bleed and die for Afrakans.

A Black person could also be an Asian or an Arab, but cullturally we are not the same, our universal perspectives emanate from different centers. When one first enters the Trinicenter website a slogan appears that reads "our universal perspectives start from/at our trinicenter." Well my universal perspectives begin at my Afrakan center. I am Afrakan first before I am Trinidadian, American or Black.

I think I expressed in my post that my genetic ancestry might also be suspect, it matters not, for my heart is as Afrakan as that of my original enslaved Afrakan ancestor and yes I believe that true Afarakan liberation could only proceed from "our" centre/ntr. The unadulterated source of all knowledge, creativity, wisdom and in all probability possessed of all the stereotypical, physical attributes of an African.

Chancellor Williams, in his "Destruction of Black Civilization" states how he tangentially discovered that a system of social democracy existed on the continent of Afaraka long before it became a Greek theory, and the adulterated version currently practised by many western nations. During a lecture given by an Oxford scholar, he heard the professor tell of how difficult it was to establish British rule in Africa because each time an Afarakan king or chief would try to implement British laws, to which the people were opposed, that king/chief would be voted out of office and replaced with a truly representative leader. The professor goes on to say that such a "primitive system of democracy" had to be destroyed before British rule could be established. When Diodorus describes the societal layout of the Egyptians, he is describing the very maligned and much adulterated caste system which currently exists in India, yet the Afarakan version was without prejudice and endured quite successfully for generations.

My Afrakan heart recognizes another Afrakan whether his birthplace is Jamaica, Antigua, Guyana, Angola, Nigeria, Zimbabwe, Venezuela, or any of the United States of America, and I'm at home with each and every one of them. I do not sweat skin tones/shades, its the color of the heart/ntr that matters, and if ones' heart be true then it follows that ones words and actions be true as well.

One cannot speak of an Afarakan liberation and be opposed to 100% Afarakan representative leadership. One cannot speak of Afarakan liberation and then take a Non-Afarakan wife, one cannot speak of Afarakan liberation while still clinging to European ideals and values. There can be no sustainable Afarakan liberation with imposed European standards and conditions. Anyone without this vision cannot be operating from an Afarakan center.

Messages In This Thread

What does it mean to be black in the 21st century? *LINK*
Re: Diluted Rastafari Icon?
Re: Diluted Rastafari Icon? *LINK*
Re: The whole response to Selassielive!
Re: the whole africa was once called Ethiopia/Abys *NM*
What about InI invaded & occupied lands in Asia ? *NM*
Re: POWERFUL AND INSIGHTFUL POSTS EJA AFRICAN LOVE *NM*
Re: GREAT POST!!! *NM*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com