Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Separating Sheep from Goats

greetings Ayinde:

Respectfully, I still seek to understand why "dark-skinned" qualifies a person and "light-skinned" disqualifies a person from anything WITHOUT regard to experience/reality.

If there is a way I could vote for Leader of Liberation, am I to automatically assume that one complexion represents harsher, deeper, more brutal oppression IN THEIR EXPERIENCE, than another.

If so, again, it is something else implemented by the white man, that affects OUR choices and reality. If it is ONLY because the brunt of white oppression, then we MUST acknowledge that white oppression is its mother and by our continuous acknowledgement AND reaction to it, we are nannies to a European bastard.

I gave 2 examples (earlier on this topic) of where each (light and dark) woman experienced family rejection and eventually self rejection. If each were the 2 finalists, how could you say that the darker is the more qualified over the lighter. Based on what? Do we have enough information?

What I am asking is don't we need more info on the person's environment. For example. what if the dark skinned person was raised a queen, understanding her beauty, being proud of her features, and not being exposed to racism or complexionism? What is it that determines that a complexion AUTOMATICALLY represents the degree of oppression. I have not met Leslie, or Ayanna, or Kelani, or Karibkween, or Rootsie, or Tracy or Sis Najuwah, or anyone else that has anything to do with Africaspeaks, Trinicenter, Rastafarispeaks, or Amenhotep. So if I needed to cast a vote for Internet Leader of all these pages, I would need to see photos of these women before I could make a prudent decision?

Now if you are saying that dark skin is more closely in-tuned with our originality and dark skin represents more blessings by the Sun and union with the Earth, please elaborate. But maybe there is something that I am missing until then, because I sight light skin, dark skin awareness and polarisation as a divide and conquer tactic of our Oppressor.

If there is a split or an issue between complexion pre 1555 or pre 4 A.D., please, please help me overstand.

hotep.

Messages In This Thread

Separating Sheep from Goats *LINK*
Re: Separating Sheep from Goats *LINK*
Re: Separating Sheep from Goats *LINK*
hotep *NM*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com