Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Separating Sheep from Goats

What's up karibkween,
I dunno about the subconscious connotations of my sentence, if any. I'm not that worried about angry responses to my posts, I've certainly had my share of those in the past. I try not to deliberately make people angry for no reason but other than that I just state my opinion.
I gathered from the context of the use of the word in your posts that you intended "neanderthal" to have a negative connotation. I never met no [pure-blood] neanderthals so I don't know anything about their habits and behaviors and don't have any particular negative or positive opinion of them myself. I mistakenly saw it as a next way to dis Europeans like "cracker" etc. I don't think there's a damn thing wrong with Africans having words to dis Europeans. They certainly have plenty of words, bullets, bombs, financial cudgels etc. to dis us with. I was just saying that to my knowledge there ain't enough evidence to categorically say that Europeans definitely or probably have neanderthal blood. And in response to one statement you made, I said that personally, I can't look at my dad (who is a white person) and instantly recognize neanderthal traits. Not saying he ain't got neanderthal genes, he might well have for all I know, but they don't jump out at me like. As a matter of fact, I see a lot of Welsh white people who resemble hobbits or dwarves more than neanderthals. I swear some of em look like they stepped out of the Lord of the Rings. Anyway, I was misreading why you use the term "neanderthal".
As far as the leadership issue:
First I hope I'm not misrepresenting what Ayinde, Yan, Tyehimba and others been saying, perhaps they will respond themselves. But what I gather from it is: given that we live in a society organized in a racial, gender and color hierarchy (amongst other hierarchies) those who occupy higher positions in the hierarchy will not be able to fully overstand what those on the lowest rungs are going through, and hence could not be qualified to set the agenda for those on the lower rungs. Only those on the lowest rungs, could set the agenda for themselves, and also they would tend to have the best insight into the nature of the system and how to combat it, since they are the victims of its worst effects. That's basically what I gather and I agree.
I remember Ayinde had talked about Malcolm X in relation to this a while back, maybe he would revisit the subject. As for me I think that as great as people like Malcolm, Martin and all of them are, it was a whole heap of people whose names and faces we don't know, who were and are the backbone of the struggle, more than any individual leader.
I think a factory or any operation (except a military unit in wartime) can be run without a boss. But I'm getting tired so we could talk about that another time if you want.

Messages In This Thread

Separating Sheep from Goats *LINK*
Re: Separating Sheep from Goats *LINK*
Re: Separating Sheep from Goats *LINK*
hotep *NM*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com