HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

We Don't Smoke To Praise The Creator Or To Live

When I was a young man, I use smoke, but not because I had a calling from the Creator to smoke, but because those people who I was studying with at that time, used smoking as a part of their social and cutural agenda. Now it has been many years now, since I have not smoked, and I have no intention to smoke again, considering, that I am able to carry on my daily activities without even thinking about smoking.

I am able to fork up the land in my back yard, plant my black eye peas, my tomatoes, my calaloo, my okro, and other kinds of vegitables, without even thinking of smoking. I am able to sit in meetings and have discussions, write these articles on the internet, write my songs and peoms, do my recordings in the studio, play my African drums, do African cultural presentations when I am asked to do so, go to work to make a salary, to take care of my family affairs, and I have been doing all of this, for so many years, on daily basis.

I respect the Ganja tree, since it is one of the trees, which was created by the Creator, for the services of man and other Creatures, but there are so many other trees, which were also Created for the services of man, and other Creatures upon the face of this earth. There are the Mango tree, Orange Tree, Grape Fruit Tree, Banana Tree, Cabbage, Calaloo, Ginger, Garlic, Pumpkin, Onions, Papaa, Jackfruit, Almond, Apple, Peach Plum, pear, Rosemary and so many others, too many to be mention on this page, but I am sure thatyou can all, think of aso many more trees, which are worthy of respect by us all, instead of only the Ganja Tree.

There are laws against the Ganja tree, is maybe instituted, in every modern Country, and Governments, in this world in which we live, and that includes, Mama Africa all over. I do not think that there should be a law against Ganja, in any part of the world in which we live, and at the same time, where I am in my mind, I do think, that smoking Ganja or anything else is good for humanity, I think, that Ganja should be investigated without parciallity, and the medicine qualities be subtracted, and be used for human healing. I also think that it should be investigated, and be used to produce what ever other products, which can be produced for the uses of humanity.

As for Rastafari people everywhere, it would be wise, for us to come to the realization, that there are laws against the Ganja Tree, maybe everywhere upon this earth, therefore, if we continue to break the laws, them we must expect to be arrested, and possible be sent to prison, leaving our families behind to suffer hardships, while we are in prison, being told what to do, on a daily basis, and be locked away, like a bag of rice at nights, and be awaken at sunrise, and marched of to slavery, from day to day, until the sentence given in prison is over. I do not think that it is a good thing, that a Rastafari person, would risk going to prison, leaving his children, and his family in general, to suffer, because of smoking, or possessing some Ganja, I consider that to be a very careless behavior.

As for what is taking place in Ghana, that is the law of the land, and that law was there long before Rastafari people started going to Ghana, that law was not just established, since Rastafari people started to live in Ghana, and I do not think that it will change, because of Rastafari people. If we are to be able to build bridges of unity, among our people in Ghana, or any other part of Mama Africa, we must abide by the law of the land.

As for the million dollars, which is being spent on the Bob Marley celebration, that is being done to attract white and other tourist to Ethiopia, for economical purposes, so they may relax the laws against Ganja, to facilitate the tourist undustry, during the Bob Marley Celebration, but you can rest assured, that as soon as the Bob Marley celebration is over, if you are caught smoking Ganja, or having Ganja in your possession, then you will be arrested, jailed or be sent to prison in Ethiopia. There are laws against Ganja in Ethiopia, and Rastafari people have been sent to prison, for Ganja in Ethiopia, over the years. It is best to choose the care of your children and family, above going to prison, but the choice is yours.
Again I send many oceans of blessings and self determination to African people everywhere.
ONE BLACK HEART ONE BLACK LOVE
Baba Ras Marcus

Messages In This Thread

'Weed for all' At Bob Marley's Birthday Bash *LINK*
Re: 'Weed for all' At Bob Marley's Birthday Bash
Castaneda
Can you make the same argument for fasting? *NM*
THE WAY THEM FIGHT HEARB'S IN GHANA!
I JUST GET CHANSE TO SIGHT ALL THE THRED!
We Don't Smoke To Praise The Creator Or To Live
Re: We Don't Smoke To Praise The Creator Or To Liv
MY LORD AND EMPRESS!
Re: MY LORD AND EMPRESS!
VERY GOOD ADVICE *NM*
Re: VERY GOOD ADVICE
MY LORD THAT'S NOT PRACTICUL!
THAT'S NOT PRACTICUL!
Re: THAT'S NOT PRACTICUL!
Re: VERY GOOD ADVICE
MY LORD AND EMPRESS BLESSED LOVE!!
Re: MY LORD AND EMPRESS BLESSED LOVE!!
Re: MY LORD AND EMPRESS BLESSED LOVE!!
CHK THIS OUT MY LORD AND EMPRESS!

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com