Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

'the prodical son' or 'oedipus rex'

peace and hotep,

eja, before i answer 'what africa for africans' mean for me, could some one offer the difference between 'the prodical son' and 'oedipus rex'?

which one is 'white' people ready and willing to identify withe and which one serves as an example of their 'natural selves' or what nature deemed so........

luke 15

11 ¶ And he said, A certain man had two sons:
12 And the younger of them said to his father, Father, give me the portion of goods that falleth to me. And he divided unto them his living.
13 And not many days after the younger son gathered all together, and took his journey into a far country, and there wasted his substance with riotous living.
14 And when he had spent all, there arose a mighty famine in that land; and he began to be in want.
15 And he went and joined himself to a citizen of that country; and he sent him into his fields to feed swine.
16 And he would fain have filled his belly with the husks that the swine did eat: and no man gave unto him.
17 And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger!
18 I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee,
19 And am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants.
20 And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.
21 And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son.
22 But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet:
23 And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry:
24 For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.
25 Now his elder son was in the field: and as he came and drew nigh to the house, he heard musick and dancing.
26 And he called one of the servants, and asked what these things meant.
27 And he said unto him, Thy brother is come; and thy father hath killed the fatted calf, because he hath received him safe and sound.
28 And he was angry, and would not go in: therefore came his father out, and intreated him.
29 And he answering said to his father, Lo, these many years do I serve thee, neither transgressed I at any time thy commandment: and yet thou never gavest me a kid, that I might make merry with my friends:
30 But as soon as this thy son was come, which hath devoured thy living with harlots, thou hast killed for him the fatted calf.
31 And he said unto him, Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine.
32 It was meet that we should make merry, and be glad: for this thy brother was dead, and is alive again; and was lost, and is found.

------------------------------------------------

sophocles's

Oedipus Rex is probably the most famous tragedy ever written. It is known by a variety of titles (the most common being Oedipus Rex), including Oedipus the King and Oedipus Tyrannus. Sophocles first produced the play in Athens around 430 B.C. at the Great Dionysia, a religious and cultural festival held in honor of the god Dionysus, where it won second prize. In the play Oedipus, King of Thebes, upon hearing that his city is being ravaged by fire and plague, sends his brother-in-law Creon to find a remedy from the Oracle of Apollo at Delphi. When Creon returns Oedipus begins investigating the death of his predecessor, Laius, and discovers through various means that he himself was the one who had unknowingly killed Laius and then married his own mother, Jocasta. Jocasta commits suicide, Oedipus blinds himself, takes leave of his children, and is led away. Aristotle praises the play in his Poetics for having an exemplary, well-constructed plot, one which is capable of inspiring fear and pity not only in its audience but especially in those who have merely heard of the story. Following Aristotle's appraisal, many prominent authors including Voltaire, Frederich Nietzsche, and Sidmund Freud reacted at length to the play's themes of incest and patricide. In the twentieth century, the most influential of these thinkers, Freud, showed that Oedipus's fate is that of every man; the "Oedipus Complex" is the definitive parent-child relationship. Throughout history, writers have drawn upon the myth of Oedipus, and dramatists, composers, and poets, including Pierre Corneille, Fredrich von Schiller, Heinrich von Kleist, William Butler Yeats, Ezra Pound, Igor Stravinsky, and Jean Cocteau, have both written on, translated, and staged the tragedy; contemporary filmmakers such as Pier Paolo Pasolini and Woody Allen have directed self-consciously autobiographical versions of Oedipus Rex.

-----------------------------------------------

eja, seems to me that 'the prodical son' asked for forgiveness and his father and family accepted him black. however, like too too many people who classify themselves as 'white' and others as non'white', the disfunctional family complex of oedipus is in total opposition to correctness and justice.

oedipal theories leaves justice,.... blind........

eja, we know this......"no matter where you come from...as long as you're a black man....you're an african....."

the 'prodical' is conscious of its origin and returns, hell or high water whilst, 'oedipus' remains a 'psychopathic personality' and beyond 'redemption'?

"africa for africans" was interrupted by a "psychopathic racial personality" in need of correction which was brought on by natural occurring arrogance, stubbornness and ignorance.

civilization makes ones soft and sometimes giants sleep and experience great loss.

eja, i would say that africa is for 'conscious' africans and africans withe 'conscience'.

freedomisahapislave

Messages In This Thread

What does "Africa for Africans" mean to you? *NM*
INI VINE AND FIG TREE!
Honour *NM*
Re: INI VINE AND FIG TREE!
Re: What does "Africa for Africans" mean to you?
"grandchildren"
grand chile of prodical sons or oedipal recks? *NM*
Re: What does "Africa for Africans" mean to you? *LINK*
'the prodical son' or 'oedipus rex'
Re: 'the prodical son' or 'oedipus rex'
civilization vs barbarism
Re: civilization vs barbarism
What is an African? I trust my eyes
Re: What is an African? I trust my eyes
ouch *NM*
"lucifer segregated state of mind"? *NM* *LINK*
Re: "lucifer segregated state of mind"?
a segregated mind is jim crow
Re: What does "Africa for Africans" mean to you? *LINK*
the wise devil eja, he is from the devil lineage?
Re: the wise devil eja, he is from the devil linea
Re: the wise devil eja, he is from the devil linea
ORestablish,maintain,expand,refine WHITE SUPREMACY

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com