HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: 'Weed for all' At Bob Marley's Birthday Bash

The conditions you listed like glaucoma and multiple sclerosis are not simply physical ailments and in my view they DO have psycho-spiritual ailments at the root of them. Of course there are physical ailments that can be repaired or people can develop to be the best they can without suffering as a result of the physical 'ailment'. It is reported that Marijuana can "relieve the symptoms" of some chronic conditions.

"There is no ultimate "proof" of anything but there is a lot of evidence that herb has (physical) medical benefits."

* In my view there is ultimate proof of some things. But the comment that I made that is being misinterpreted is "I personally have no proof of any positive effect, but I have witnessed dangerous effects." I was sharing from my personal experiences and not what is reported out there. I could have easily listed all the reported benefits associated with smoking Marijuana, but I have no personal or direct experiences with that. I know no one who had glaucoma or multiple sclerosis healed or relieved with the use of Marijuana. But I have personal and direct experiences through closely working with people about the negative effects.

On several occasions I had to go to the mental hospital at the request of family members of patients to help repair damage caused by the poor use of Marijuana (among other substances). I have worked with a broad spectrum of mental illnesses including people with suicidal tendencies. Mind you I am no doctor, but someone who just shared what I understood about these things. Often people who followed my radio show asked I to help out.

"True, the majority of herb users are not using it for physical medical reasons- but there is still a large number of people who are."

* I feel a large number of people within that large number of people you claim are using marijuana for physical medical reasons, are scamming to get a free ticket to smoke pot and they are skewing the statistics.

I will repeat, IF in the experiences of others, marijuana smoking is the best experience, then promote that. I will not promote Marijuana. I am convinced that developing in a manner that results in one having a self regulated high and consciousness to the point of attaining a permanent high and high state of consciousness is the best way to be. I will not recommend less than my best. In my view, a short-term high that one has to constantly smoke Marijuana to generate cannot trump one that is developed from cultivating the correct mindset and attitude; one that is permanent and generated completely from within ones self.

Messages In This Thread

'Weed for all' At Bob Marley's Birthday Bash *LINK*
Castaneda
Can you make the same argument for fasting? *NM*
THE WAY THEM FIGHT HEARB'S IN GHANA!
I JUST GET CHANSE TO SIGHT ALL THE THRED!
We Don't Smoke To Praise The Creator Or To Live
Re: We Don't Smoke To Praise The Creator Or To Liv
MY LORD AND EMPRESS!
Re: MY LORD AND EMPRESS!
VERY GOOD ADVICE *NM*
Re: VERY GOOD ADVICE
MY LORD THAT'S NOT PRACTICUL!
THAT'S NOT PRACTICUL!
Re: THAT'S NOT PRACTICUL!
Re: VERY GOOD ADVICE
MY LORD AND EMPRESS BLESSED LOVE!!
Re: MY LORD AND EMPRESS BLESSED LOVE!!
Re: MY LORD AND EMPRESS BLESSED LOVE!!
CHK THIS OUT MY LORD AND EMPRESS!

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com