HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Separating Sheep from Goats

I dunno, when I see my dad I just see a white welshman in his early sixties, I honestly cannot tell whether or not he has neanderthal blood. I see the way you use the word neanderthal as similar to how nuff Black people I know (myself included on occasion) use the word "cracker", "caveman/cave bitch" or any other negative designation for whites. I think it's only appropriate that Black people have negative designations for whites, given the historical and contemporary relationship between the two groups. But I'm not aware of any conclusive evidence that Europeans are neanderthals. The German scientist who discovered the supposed cro mag/neanderthal hybrids has been discredited for faking finds and research results in other cases, which would indicate he wouldn't be above doing so in this case as well. There is no really strong evidence one way or another that I have seen, it could be, or it could be not.
The head and the tail are equally necessary to the body, it's not so much that the head "leads" the tail as that the head and the tail both have their specific functions to perform in a dynamic system. There will always be leaders in the sense of people who take intiative before others do. The best kind of leader to me is one who encourages his/her "followers" to be leaders in their own right, and gives them the tools and encouragement to do so. People like Malcolm X and Fred Hampton, I would put in that category. I think leaders who are too invested in the idea of their being "leaders" and others "followers" always end up misleading even if they have good intentions to begin with. They would not be willing to listen to correction from their "followers" because in their mind they are the "leaders" and they know best. That's why although I agree with many aspects of Marxism, especially the basic critique of capitalism which I think is accurate, I have a problem with the "vanguard party" idea. This just results in another soon-to-be ruling class of bureaucrats, who more often than not are drawn from the more privileged sectors of society and cannot really relate to all the issues they are supposedly trying to "save" the masses from. Which I think is what Ayinde, Yan, Tyehimba et al are getting at when they question whether whites or light skin Blacks could ever be qualified to lead the masses of dark-skin Blacks when they have not shared their experiences.
At the end of the day I think the less formalized, institutionalized leadership, the better. The masses should throw up their own leaders, based on who they consider to have the best ideas for their advancement. Ultimately, like Ras Marcus says, it's the (collectively decided upon) best idea that should be the real leader, not so much who that idea initially comes from. You can be sure that no good idea comes solely from one individual, it takes a lot of different inputs to forge and refine an idea that will work for the benefit of a whole group and not a small privileged section of it. So ultimately collective leadership is the goal.
Question, do you think a boss is necessary to run a factory?

Messages In This Thread

Separating Sheep from Goats *LINK*
Re: Separating Sheep from Goats *LINK*
Re: Separating Sheep from Goats *LINK*
hotep *NM*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com