HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: 'Weed for all' At Bob Marley's Birthday Bash

I don't want you to "lie". It's pretty clear to me that you're not a liar anyway, so it would be a futile exercise to try to get you to lie. I was stating a different perspective and looking for you to clarify your perspective a bit, specifically about the (physical) healing effects or lack thereof, of herb.
It seems like you are implying that physical ailments (always?) have psycho-spiritual ailments at the root of them? (Correct me if I'm wrong). I'm not sure I agree, sometimes they could, but sometimes people just get glaucoma or multiple sclerosis or cancer through genetic predisposition, perhaps through living in a polluted environment and other factors. Herb appears to be an effective medication for some of these physical conditions, with less negative side-effects than other medications. (This has been said to be especially true for glaucoma and there is a lot of anecdotal evidence from MS sufferers [including a former professor of mine] that herb helps them control the pain and lead some semblance of a normal life.)
There is no ultimate "proof" of anything but there is a lot of evidence that herb has (physical) medical benefits. True, the majority of herb users are not using it for physical medical reasons- but there is still a large number of people who are.
It seems to me that herb has had positive effects (also some negative) on my life, but then again that may well be because I am not aware of better ways to attain the insights and creative inspiration I derive from herb. I am perfectly willing to admit that. You could be onto a much better and more permanent way of achieiving insights and inspiration. But since I personally have not experienced that as yet (other than when I was a child when I had spontaneous "visions" and "psychedelic" experiences), I only have my experience to go by, and my experience tells me that herb is more of a positive than a negative for me right now. Whether that will be the case a month, a year or a decade from now remains to be seen.
I don't see you as attacking herb users or trying to purge Rastafari of herb, I see you as stating your opinion based on your experiences, and I'm just responding by doing the same.
What have been your personal experiences with herb, if any? (obviously feel free not to answer the question, I'm just curious.)

Messages In This Thread

'Weed for all' At Bob Marley's Birthday Bash *LINK*
Castaneda
Can you make the same argument for fasting? *NM*
THE WAY THEM FIGHT HEARB'S IN GHANA!
I JUST GET CHANSE TO SIGHT ALL THE THRED!
We Don't Smoke To Praise The Creator Or To Live
Re: We Don't Smoke To Praise The Creator Or To Liv
MY LORD AND EMPRESS!
Re: MY LORD AND EMPRESS!
VERY GOOD ADVICE *NM*
Re: VERY GOOD ADVICE
MY LORD THAT'S NOT PRACTICUL!
THAT'S NOT PRACTICUL!
Re: THAT'S NOT PRACTICUL!
Re: VERY GOOD ADVICE
MY LORD AND EMPRESS BLESSED LOVE!!
Re: MY LORD AND EMPRESS BLESSED LOVE!!
Re: MY LORD AND EMPRESS BLESSED LOVE!!
CHK THIS OUT MY LORD AND EMPRESS!

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com