HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: 'Weed for all' At Bob Marley's Birthday Bash

I suppose you have had a profoundly limiting experience when it comes to Ganjah. It seems that
your experince of Rasta is from the outside looking on the Inside. Your views on the effects of Ganjah; reminds I of the Petty Bourgeois Brown Menism that you so ardently oppose. The Ganjah herb is the healing of the Nations. Middle Class Western Oriented Individuals who use Ganjah without a spiritual guide or a Herbsman are at the risk of having a bad experience; such as paranoia, hyperglycemia and the munchies. If you
are familiar with the writings of Castaneda, you should sight my allusion regarding a one that can "bring you" as the Rases say. Using herb is more than just a high for self actualisation or just overstanding ones psychological foundations, parameters and underpinings. Ganjah is also used for mental strenght.

I remember during the seventies in Jamaica; young Rases being commited to the mental institution, by their parents for smoking Ganjah. Some were even shot. It was not until a Ras by the name of Dr. Hickling, took over the Belvue Hospital; that they were released. Any substance can be used properly through knowledge or abused through ignorance. There are other medical cures that Ganjah is used for; such as asthma, bronchitis, fevers, glacoma and other ailments. I find that the cutural divide between RastafarI and the Eurocentric neocolonial culture(Brownmenism)is like aparthied; a diferent mindset and way of thinking. In short an initiate needs a one famliar with the herb to bring them along and grounds as in grounding. Experience teacheth wisdom. The wisdom weed as a sacrement is to be respected. It is the symbol of all Plant life; their Healing, medicinal and food properties as a source of ecological survival for man. Their are receptors in our brain which has evolved with us, that mimic and produce stimulants that are obtained from the use of Ganjah. I Personally hold the View that Ganjah is the catalyst which stimulated our evolution and development into Homo Sapiens. So we disagree to agree; use it but don't abuse it, because I can't refuse it.

Messages In This Thread

'Weed for all' At Bob Marley's Birthday Bash *LINK*
Castaneda
Can you make the same argument for fasting? *NM*
THE WAY THEM FIGHT HEARB'S IN GHANA!
I JUST GET CHANSE TO SIGHT ALL THE THRED!
We Don't Smoke To Praise The Creator Or To Live
Re: We Don't Smoke To Praise The Creator Or To Liv
MY LORD AND EMPRESS!
Re: MY LORD AND EMPRESS!
VERY GOOD ADVICE *NM*
Re: VERY GOOD ADVICE
MY LORD THAT'S NOT PRACTICUL!
THAT'S NOT PRACTICUL!
Re: THAT'S NOT PRACTICUL!
Re: VERY GOOD ADVICE
MY LORD AND EMPRESS BLESSED LOVE!!
Re: MY LORD AND EMPRESS BLESSED LOVE!!
Re: MY LORD AND EMPRESS BLESSED LOVE!!
CHK THIS OUT MY LORD AND EMPRESS!

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com