HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: U.S. Army: To protect and promote White Suprem

Your attempt at justifying or giving reason (more like an unreason) for joining the U.S. military still does not make sense.
--------------
what doesnt make sense about my saying i joined the military at 19 under the premise of trying to get money to go to college?
What you are now saying does not make a wrong decision right.
-------------
my point is not to say that i made a wrong decision. even though my experience in the army was not good-it was a learning experience.
------------
Once someone joins the U.S. military they are there to defend White Supremacy. If they are sent to Africa, they are sent there to protect and/or promote Western Interest/White Supremacy. The U.S. and other European systems do not operate any other way.
---------------
well you can reason it as you see it. i joined the military in the hopes of getting about $120 a month in 1990. hindsight is great, but i am simply sharing experiences from the perspective of a then, 19 year old young adult-the age that most young men and women join the military
-----------
I said to you, "Claiming to have gained insights from those military experiences does not make that a good decision. We generally can learn from fools but that does not make their foolish actions right." That statement also applies to your suggesting those with U.S. military training being of some use to Africa.
----------
you can assess my decision as you choose.
-------------
Black Africans who join the British and U.S. militaries have not properly thought out the issues and implications. They are colonized in my view.
---------------
well, it is easy to make such assumptions from the vantage point of a talker-you have suggested that blacks are colonized if they join the military-but you dont want an all white military. can you have it both ways?
-------------
In my view, there is no such thing as a conscious person joining the U.S. or British military (both institutions defending and promoting White Supremacy) to do good for Black Africans.
----------------
well that is your view. i refuse to generalize that broadly. many people have joined the military because they feel that they have no choice; they can remain in an impoverished area w/ no jobs, and the perception that educatioanl opportunities are limited, or they can join the military-whether they are conscious or not is debateable.
---------------
If you want Black Africans to join the U.S. military, then promote that.
---------------------
please dont politicize the reasoning. i said clearly that i did not advocate africans, or anyone for that matter joing the military. i detailed my personal experiences, and that is it.

Messages In This Thread

Army racism drove me to depression
Re: Army racism drove me to depression
Ovahs; Dis one was brutish, all dih same *NM*
Re: Ovahs; Dis one was brutish, all dih same
Re: Ex-Liberian enemies to join U.S.-trained army
Re: Help Africa Help Itself Militarily
U.S. Army: To protect and promote White Supremacy
Re: U.S. Army: To protect and promote White Suprem
DYNACORP
Video Shows Officer Shooting Airman

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com