HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Ovahs; Dis one was brutish, all dih same

"Aware of the fact or not, the reality is he joined the U.S. Military to defend American false values, false values based on greed and racism. It shouldn't be surprising he is experiencing what he is defending"

"I have no sympathy for Blacks or anyone else who suffers in the U.S. Military"
-----------------------------------
agreed that the US military does obviously uphold and maintain a legacy of racism imperialism, and a host of other ills. as a person who joined the army reserves at the age of 19; my intentions were not to do anything but try to get some money for college-the same reason why many black and brown men and women join the military---by paying taxes and working within the 'system' of the west, we are all in some manner supporting a governemnet and its policies that we may not agree to. i left the military 3 years in w/o finishing my remainig 3 years, and was faced with an adverse discharge status because i refused to continue to participate in training because of racist remarks by fellow soldiers. however, i did receive useful and relevant insight into how the usa military works and operates.

i dont advocate that people join the usa military-
i am oppposed to most of the actions of americas military-but do you not think that the military would even be worse, if there were not blak and brown people within its ranks? would we want a all white military?

Messages In This Thread

Army racism drove me to depression
Re: Army racism drove me to depression
Ovahs; Dis one was brutish, all dih same *NM*
Re: Ex-Liberian enemies to join U.S.-trained army
Re: Help Africa Help Itself Militarily
U.S. Army: To protect and promote White Supremacy
Re: U.S. Army: To protect and promote White Suprem
DYNACORP
Video Shows Officer Shooting Airman

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com