Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

color of Jesus Christ is a pointless debate

To question the color of Jesus Christ is a pointless debate

THIS IS AN EXCERPT FROM A WEBSITE OF A JAMAICAN MAN WHO CALLS HIMSELF COOL POETE. I THOUGHT THAT SOME HERE MAY FIND IT INTERESTING.

Black Savior
It is known that Marcus Garvey prophesied that there will be a black King that will represent the liberation for the oppressed black nation. Undeniably the Rasta community came to understand that person to be King Haile Selassie of Ethiopia. Indeed Selassie was a very influential man. His political power allowed him to speak on the behalf of not just the Ethiopians, but blacks all over the world that had no voice. His trip to Jamaica was very important for Jamaica and its people. In the Guinness book of records he is pictured as the most decorated political figure of that time. As far as important figures in political black history I regard Selassie in the same esteem as Martin, Malcolm, and Marcus. At this point it is most important to recognize the fact that Haile Selassie was a man. Something which many if not most Rasta's will disagree with me. I believe that one of the biggest debates in looking at the whole perspective of all denominations, both Rasta and Christian alike. If there is one savior, is it Selassie or is it Jesus Christ. Each camp has their opinion which has been debated, and still continues to this day. Many Rasta's believe that Selassie is Jesus Christ incarnate, and are anticipating his coming back to save his souls. As a person trying to write thoughts based on all facts, the strongest fact of all being the Bible, Selassie is not mentioned in the bible. However, Selassie I did claim to be direct lineage of King Solomon and of David, the same lineage of Jesus Christ. In analyzing the origins of the Rastafarian movement, and the music I cannot help but notice that clearly Blacks at the time needed a voice and inspiration, but there lies a great danger in the worship of a man. Many Rasta's held fast to the point of view that Jesus Christ was just a prophet, but not the savior. Nowadays most Rasta's deny Christ being the savior for the simple fact that Christianity is a religion that undermines blacks. This opinion has been the primary reason for the separation of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church from the early Catholic Church which was indeed a very discriminating church. The most recent interpretation of the Black Savior comes from Morgan Heritage, who believe that Rasta incorporates Christianity, and that Selassie is Christ incarnate. In my opinion this view recognizes Christ, his teachings in the bible, and his second coming. This viewpoint also denotes the institution of the denomination which does nothing but confuse God's children, Rasta and Christian alike.

For me one of the strongest facts is that Selassie was a Christian, and one of the founders of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church, a Christian Church. In my own opinion I believe that Selassie worshipped Jesus Christ, and being from the 17th Century it is impossible to conclude that Selassie is Jesus Christ. I believe that the word of God is clear on that fact. As far as "white Christianity" goes, it is very true of the evils of Christianity's origins. Jesus Christ was very radical. He for sure was not "white" as far as modern Caucasians or Europeans are concerned. Taking into consideration the geographic location of biblical history alone is proof of that. In those days Jews and Gentiles were big enemies and were very prejudiced just like America is today. Jesus being born in Bethlehem carried the exact connotations as Bob Marley being born in Trench town. The saying went the same for both: "Can anything good come out of Trench town/Bethlehem?" Jesus' life was always filled with controversy and he always spoke in favor of the sufferer and downtrodden. I offer that if it could be proven as such, Jesus Christ would be Black for those given reasons. The fact of the matter is that we will never know in this lifetime. Most importantly, Jesus Christ made it a point to emphasize the importance of the message and not the appearance of the messenger. I believe that mankind too often makes the mistake of worshipping a brilliant idea rather than worshipping the author of the brilliant idea. Malcolm X realized his mistake when he made his journey to Mecca and accepted the fact that Allah loves ALL mankind, not just the blacks. The so-called honorable prophet Muhammad ended up failing him and causing him much hurt. Christians make the same mistakes when they only rely on whatever the pastor/priest says and take it as verbatim. One who is called to teach/preach the word of God only means that he/she has the ability to offer a perspective of Christian life that is meant to help you on your way up, in one's own personal relationship with God. The key phrase in that is that Christianity is the essence of your one on one relationship with God. No one else will guarantee your soul salvation.

The division of color and race affects both belief camps, Rasta and Christian alike. Personally being black and from the West Indies I feel that it is ultimately important to recognize the positive facts that make me unique and black. If not anything else being West Indian can mean that my heritage and my culture is born out of liberation from oppression. In all my experiences and travels I have come across so many minorities and cultures that share the West Indian black and African American experiences of racism. I applaud many Rasta's that embrace the world and unification through acceptance of all mankind. Things that Bob Marley and Morgan Heritage sing about all the time. History is undeniable, and so are the devil's deceptions. Satan's biggest claim to fame is his ability to convince the world that God's most divine plan for mankind has been twisted. The plan of salvation turned into slavery from the day that Adam and Eve sinned in the Garden of Eden. My only hope is that we all can gain overstanding of all sides of the stories to gain the truth individually and collectively.

Messages In This Thread

Revelation of Rastafari and the bible
Re: Revelation of Rastafari and the bible
Re: Revelation of Rastafari and the bible *LINK*
a black revolutionary messiahs *NM* *LINK*
Re: Revelation of Rastafari and the bible *NM* *LINK*
Religion vs. Relationship
That's what Rastafari is???
Re: That's what Rastafari is???
There is a gray area
Re: There is a gray area
Christ and Condoms...saves and destroys
The gray area is what we make of it
Re: The gray area is what we make of it
Forget Paul, Forget King James
Re: Forget Paul, Forget King James
RIGHT ON
hotep *NM*
you tell me *NM*
Re: That's what Rastafari is??? *NM* *LINK*
Re: Revelation of Rastafari and the bible *NM* *LINK*
eyes wide shut *NM* *LINK*
I can go to where it is written
color of Jesus Christ is a pointless debate
you are right, sorry to but in *NM*
I AM...!!!

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com