HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Concealed 'white' values - the veiled monarch

You said: " Repartriation is not a new ideal. In fact, even before the formalised brutality of atlantic slavery was discarded for more cost-effective ways of stealing labour and enterprise, Africans were returning home from plantations in the Caribbean, amerikkka and from the brutish isles. Some were resettled in Liberia, some in Sierra Leone and some in nigeria. These are the ones I have direct knowledge of (because I know their descendants and I have seen the works they did). There are people in nigeria today with names like Johnson (one a former governor of Lagos State), Doherty (founder of a college in Ekiti State), Macauley (as in Herbert Macauley, an influential leader of the anti-colonial struggle. His image is on the Naira and one of the busiest roads in Lagos is named after him), and Pedro (a businessman and also the name of a busy street in Lagos), Perriera, Da Silva, Domingo..etc. "

* True, but I shall tell you it was the white man who let free slaves go back to Africa a century ago, just like he emancipated slaves in a society that he created. You have to understand the white man sending them back to Africa was not only a litmus test, but also a cautionary act, in which he showed those with a "Panafricanist" mentality during that time what would happen if they try to go back "home." The white man has been laughing at us ever since. I'll tell you why, because of the question of the Sierra-Leone and Liberian conflicts a little over a century ago, ones that have remained perpetual. They sent "Panafricanists" to the Motherland, it resulted in a total mess, as for instance in Liberia, an internecine rivalry between Diaporians Africans and indigenous Africans. You have to see and recognize this.

You said: " The point I am trying to make is this, Africans in the diaspora have always been free to ADOPT whatever culture they choose. This is a right that ALL Africans have had since time immemorial. There is only one nationality indigenous to Africa and that is the African. The geographical location you were born in is only as important as you wish it to be. Names like Yoruba, Kongo, or Zulu only represent a culture. Which implies that any African, by total immersion in a culture can become a member of that culture. "

* There, I agree with you 100%!

You said: " I agree that we need to uphold the primacy of our common ancient origin. However, I also think that our yet to come unified community will be based more on things that are yet to be. I brought up Haiti in the original post because I strongly believe that the age of African liberation started there. It was on those islands that men and women speaking different languages, with different names for the Almighty, united, faced down and defeated the 'whites' on the battlefield. To me what happenned at Haiti is of greater significance than Adowa…… "

* Brother Eja, the roots of "African liberation" go back well before the slave revolts in 1700-1800 AD, as you said in Haiti, but also in Jamaica, Barbados, Brazil etc. The African Kings (blacks of pure race) defeated the forces of the Hyksos, like the Hittite and their Eurasian brethren of the valley of the Nile and drove them back until Carthage and the beginning of the Islamic development in North Africa. During the heyday of "Negroid Imperialism," which was striking and effective, Black Africa did not invite or encourage the Aryan, Semite, or Mongoloid power! Even in the Middle Ages the Ashanti, Mossi, and others states great and small, attempted to stop the fatal area when Europe by force will rule mankind.. There is no doubt the whole situation changed with the increase of the greed (the rapacious and ruthless Capitalist exploitation) of European, and wars in Africa became deliberate efforts from the natives to curb the slave trades! As far as I am concerned that’s the only truth because the history of the white man is dumb all the time. It’s the most pitiful drama of delusion ever witnessed on the human stage..

I've learned about the fight for our liberation from numerous and diverse African civilizations, the proof is here and will never lay hidden again. So much evidence remains that there is no question about their reality. The question is why we are so unwilling to embrace this history? I think some of the answer lies in the shame we've been made to feel because our knowledge of Africa is limited to many archives, data, or script that have support, or enforced by the white man. Nonetheless, we need to teach our children there is no shame in our origins in Nubia, Koush, and Kemet which are the cradle (I mean birthplace) of the indigenous peoples of sub-Saharan Africa! For too long we let the racists of the world promote White Supremacy when we don’t recognize the truth.

B.K

Messages In This Thread

Concealed 'white' values - the veiled monarch
Re: previous post to Eja! *NM*
Re: Concealed 'white' values - the veiled monarch *LINK*
Honour *NM*
Re: Honour
Re: I agree. Ashe to you! *NM*
And so it shall be *NM*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com