Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Afrikans and "Bread"

I read:

“THE Zimbabwe government is planning a major overhaul of Aippa — the draconian press law that has hobbled the country’s private media — to head off further censure by the African Commission on Human and Peoples’ Rights which last month adopted an excoriating resolution on Zimbabwe’s human rights record, details of which were released this week.”

I can only say: “Good!”, for why else are Laws made, if not to be amended when no longer necessary? It shows a climate of democratic consensus. AND LEST WE FORGET:

ZIMBABWE HAS AN ACTIVELY-ENGAGED OPPOSITION POLITICAL PARTY!

It’s good to hear that you even worked on the Land Stories Project. Somehow, I would NEVER have thought it of you.

What is “patriotic” to you may not be “patriotic” to the [elected] Government of Zimbabwe! You are NOT “all Zimbabweans”!! To you, what is “patriotism” anyway, and how does it rightly apply to your definitions (as a “Buja” (sp.), Shona, Zimbabwean or just as a human being, an Afrikan, a black)? … I’m sure that whatever a person like you understands by “Patriotism”, it will keep confusing you more as long as you refuse to go back to tangible basics: LAND!

… Or isn’t this about George Orwell & “Animal Farm” (again)?. What about “Nineteen Eighty-Four” then, if you choose to be so English and political? … The problem with some of you Afrikan guys who appear to be too well read—in English, that is—to even remember the basics of where you came from is that you rely so much on European fictions and their models of thought. That’s all I can say. You read so much European fiction in kindergarten, school and at Uni (etc) that you repeatedly fail—as your life grows older, your hair greyer—to properly apply the fictions you learned to life’s past and present realities and cruelties, AND HOW THEY INTER-RELATE. Your thought becomes warped!

As long as this “psyche” persists, to you (AND IN ALL YOUR REASONINGS ON AFRICASPEAKS.COM):

“Mugabe = Hitler”

“Zimbabwe = Manor Farm”

Others become “Snowball”, “Muriel”, “Napoleon” etc

Ordinary Zimbabweans belonging to ZANU-PF are “Boxers”, horses.

STOP KIDDING!

Messages In This Thread

Listen to this *LINK*
Re: Listen to this *LINK*
Re: Listen to this ... typo
Afrikans and "Bread"
Re: Afrikans and "Bread" *LINK*
Re: Afrikans and "Bread" *LINK*
Re: Listen to this

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com