HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Afrikans and "Bread" *LINK*
In Response To: Re: Afrikans and "Bread" ()

Unpatriotic journalists? Or you mean people who refuse to bleat like sheep, or like those stupid courtiers when the Emperor stepped out buck naked, and proclaimed that he had never dressed better?

As far as I know, based on my participation in the Land Stories Project ( 2001)- many in the media support the idea of Land Reform. What we do not support is the manipulation of the land issue for political gain, to justify the continuance of a regime that has failed utterly and to deny the people a chance to FREELY choose their next government. This is a common stance arising out of the psyche of us all as Zimbabweans, for it is to be noted that we represent divergent ideologies.

Mugabe's destruction of our country is deliberate in my view, people are easier to oppress if they are suffering. Read 1984, the classic novel by Orwell. A chap who described himself as a senior CIO operative told me that there was deliberate action to bring misery to Zimbabweans as a punishment for losing confidence in the government.

As for Jackson allocating herself a channel, that was because there wasn't a law covering this. She set up a station because there was in fact legal grounds to do so. You should have seen the police panic- I used to pass the old Monos on my way to the Avenues.

Fact is, women are suffering in Zimbabwe and I am concerned. I don't expect you to be, because as you said, it happens all over the world. But then, you are not a Zimbabwean are you?

Messages In This Thread

Listen to this *LINK*
Re: Listen to this *LINK*
Re: Listen to this ... typo
Afrikans and "Bread"
Re: Afrikans and "Bread"
Re: Listen to this

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com