HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Food Clothing and Shelter Are Our Basic Needs
In Response To: SISTA FARIKA BERHANE *LINK* ()

I have known Mama Farika for Many years, I can remember that period of time, when there was an influx of University and High School Students, who were breaking Ranks, with high society in which they used to live, and came among the Rastafari people to listen and to learn, and to hear our side of the reasoning. Many of those people were sons and daughters of lawyers, Doctors, Bank Managers, University Professors, Mayors, and people who were very rich. I did happen to have met a few of them, and that was the period, when the song Up Town Top Ranking, ina me Khaki Suit and thing, was recorded and became a hit.

Anyway, no race of people can survive, if they spend their time thinking that there is a paradise waiting for them in Zion or Heaven, and therefore, they do not have to do any form of industrial development, in order to care for their families, and to preserve a good standard of living for our people. Practically speaking, we as Rastafari people, must work hard to change the social conditions of our people, our women and children must be given good care and protection, we must come to the fact, that we were given the task, to take care of our families, and that we should not fail to do. We can always imagine that we are going to Mount Zion, but I must inform you all, that you must first feed the hungry, nourish the sick, clothe the naked, protect the elders, shelter the shelterless, and let the infant be cared for, if you neglect these responsibilties, but keep on singing and smoking everyday and night, and think that you will end up in Zion, this may be just a figment of your imagination, because it is not the words which you speak which makes you qualify, it is the actions which you take.

Mama Farika, your responses to this interview was and is exellent, we must speak up more on issues like these, and do not care if some people dislike your positive way of speaking, speak the truth and speak it ever. I do hope that some of those people who consider themselves leaders in the Rastafari movement, will give this interview, some deep and wide considerations.
Again I send many oceans of blessings and self determination to African people everywhere
ONE BLACK HEART ONE BLACK LOVE
Baba Ras Marcus

Messages In This Thread

SISTA FARIKA BERHANE *LINK*
Re: TRUTH!!!!! *NM*
BERHANE mean's LIHGT of the Try Inoty!!!
I JUST SIGHT THE LINK ITS HIGHTS! *NM*
Food Clothing and Shelter Are Our Basic Needs
GIVE THANKS!

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com