HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Afrikans and "Bread"
In Response To: Re: Afrikans and "Bread" ()

Why am I telling you all this?

I replied to a post I felt I had to reply to, and you also do reply to various posts “without permission” (or don’t you?). It is not every post I reply to, including those in reply to me (if I think I have nothing much/more to add). If you think I “pounced” on you or your post, then so be it. As you might know, though, I have also addressed other issues about Zimbabwe and have replied to other posts about Zimbabwe. It is you I replied to but it should not be you I address. I do not need to “wait” for a message you post. I think I can, like anyone else can, anytime convey my views on Afrika as much as I can address Zimbabwe.

Yes, you posted something about sexual attacks, but I wrote in my 1st reply that …: “… misinformation can come in many forms, and does not necessarily have to aim for directly misinforming a targeted group, or a concerned group, but can also be through correctly informing the group, but with the sinister purpose of further splintering it into as many imaginable factions as there can be ...”, which I think applies to your post.

Do not make a mistake to assume that a person like me supports rapists of any make or violence against women, commonplace in Afrika (as we both know). I do not see how I strayed from the “topic” of your post, when your post was about a “Link” (linked to more links) about Zimbabwe. I gave you two examples of misinformation I saw ... Of course I went through the stuff, a lot of it in fact, and I don’t see how this tells you I wasn’t willing to learn (anything) from your post.

The issue of the Zimbabwean media—or Media Zim-Law—has been discussed between you and me before, so no need for repetitions. I personally feel more of the BLACK Zimbabwean elite should have openly shown MORE support for the government on Land Reform issues, if they really choose to read their history books right. The government of Zimbabwe is being paralysed, morally and financially, from all sides—especially on the economic/political arena, which shouldn’t be “news” to a journalist such as you. This “surgical paralyzation” has the obvious gradual effect of paralysing not only the material quality of life in the country, but also law and order in any given case. And so you’re right in a sense, though you and I are only laymen here, and we must sometimes accept that the problem with the media (in such a sensitive case) may be more complex.

You’re wrong to compare yourself to Western journalists! Do you yourself, Masimba Musodza, honestly believe that even a tiny few of the many “free” Western journalists would support you in your “Afrikan land ownership claims” as a Zimbabwean, IF YOU HAD ANY? WHY NOT?? Do you really believe the whole government of Robert Mugabe would connive to economically ruin the country, their fellow countrymen/-women, themselves and you? Who would want such a thing?!

Gerry Jackson, the lady behind SW Radio Africa who was one of the first Zimbabweans to privately own a radio station, is most definitely white … (or shouldn’t it matter to YOU that she is white?). Which black Zimbabwean/Afrikan have you seen or heard of in your life—even here in the West—that would form such a thing as “SW Radio Africa”, with the clear aim of bringing about the downfall of Zimbabwe’s *just* Land Reform Programme? Tell me, which sensible Afrikan—intelligent or foolish, but one who at least fully understands the social dynamics of history—would pump their money into such a venture? What kind of Afrikan, BANNED from their country (for being unpatriotic(?) or supporting foreign land ownership in their own country), would then conveniently switch base and operate a (so-called) “SW Radio Africa”?

WAKE UP!! The Zimbabwean government may crack down on what are considered ‘unpatriotic journalists’ (which even the West does!), but don’t let us believe it condones rape! ‘SW Radio Africa’ is another classical case of Afrikans being bundled to side with non-Afrikans to FIGHT down fellow Afrikans!

Messages In This Thread

Listen to this *LINK*
Re: Listen to this *LINK*
Re: Listen to this ... typo
Afrikans and "Bread"
Re: Afrikans and "Bread" *LINK*
Re: Afrikans and "Bread" *LINK*
Re: Listen to this

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com