Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: THE WHITE SAVIOUR COMPLEX: Is Rastafari a "Tra

Greetings blackman
I will have to concur with the reasonings the I put forth.

Many have lost sight that Rastafari is a black trod, due to the religious aspect that many Rastas take.

InI must overstand that Marcus Garvey did not prophesize about a black king in Ethiopia because of religious reasons.

This was later adapted to Rastafari because Idren saw similarities of Revelations of the bible to Emperor Haile Selassie I.

So many people came into the Rastafari faith because of this biblical account.

This opened the door for uropeans.

Ones fear not letting whites in their gates because they may be accused of racism and taking the ways of the downpressor.

I know that Haile Selassie was a christian and that he held to the Icepts of christianity. Many Rastas will justify their actions by quoting one of His Majesty's speeches. I do know there was an nationalist side of Haile Selassie as well. Many tend not to focus on that aspect of HIM nor quote those speeches.

In, I opinion, if Rastafari continues to focus on solely the religious side and neglect the nationalist side, then whites will always permeate the movement.

We even have white guys naming themselves "Christafarians" which is a mockery of the Amharic name of Ras Tafari Makonnen.

As far as whites contributing to the Rastafari cause, I dont see it as an issue as long as they dont try to lead InI anywhere. It has been historically shown that whites have always learned from indigeneous people and not the other way around.

I will not stop ones like Liontree from doing works that may benefit Idrens in lock down...like books, consumables and things. Give thanks because some dont have anyone so if anyone wants to help, its all good.

But as far as teaching the Blackman and Woman Rastafari livity, I think it is should be up to black people.

A chicken can not teach dog how to lay an egg.

It is natural..

Give thanks for the post.

One

Messages In This Thread

THE WHITE SAVIOUR COMPLEX: Is Rastafari a "Trap"?
"BLACK RACIST"? *NM*
"BLACK RACISM"? *NM*
is RasBrown really RasWhite? *NM*
Re: 'Black Racist' is an oxymoron
black supreme cannot exist 'withe' white supreme *NM*
Re: black supreme cannot exist 'withe' white supre

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com