Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Same White Saviour Complex
In Response To: Ayinde ()

In my view, if no Black Africans can answer the call to help teach Black African inmates, then the inmates should be left to their own creativity. There are many alternatives when it comes to learning. I am not aware that any calls for assistance were made to Africans in the Caribbean and elsewhere. I will not under ANY condition support a White person teaching Black Africans about any kind of livity. Now my view is not a popular view, but I stand by it. I did not come to that position lightly.

You are a vehicle to bring many things which includes entrenching the concept of a White saviour in Africa. Your very presence in Africa, teaching Black Africans about Rastafari is about that. I have seen the damage that has been done to the psyche of Africans to the extent where Africans are easily willing to kill each other in defense of Whites and their false ideals. In no way would I support anything that strengthens the White Saviour Image. As a matter of fact I am of the view that people would be better off without any White teachers. However, this is not practical and there are some ways Whites can help but definitely not by teaching any kind of Livity, Spirituality, History, Social Development and matters of a similar nature to Black Africans.

You said: "They want to hear truth about being in Africa. This is me being a bridge. These times we have together are food for the group and for me."

* When people are desperate, they sometimes consider anything food. Based on what you explained, my position is the same. It does not matter how many prisons invite you. As prisoners, many will accept anything that gives the appearance they are rehabilitating, for various sincere and insincere reasons. You have no way of convincing I that your color is not part of the reason you are accepted and invited.

Claiming to be a Quaker does not respond to my point, although no response is necessary. I do not trust assistance from Whites because they often use that to feel they can always interfere in the affairs of Black Africans. I am 100% opposed to what you represent.

You said: "I do not expect, once I am known, to be judged by my skin color but rather by my works."

* Your works always come annexed to your skin color. There is no separating 'works and skin color' in this dispensation where I am concerned. I work with several White people and as well as I know them, they VERY well know my stance on all these issues. My color will not fade with familiarity. When whites dealing with Black Africans forget they are White and are dealing with Black Africans, especially through familiarity, inevitably covert disrespect starts surfacing.

You said:
"What I mean by 'emptying myself' is to work at shifting the effect of the brainwash system by marking my intention to be of service in the world. Going into the natural world for four days to mark my transition into adulthood was an emptying process. There I fasted. There I cried. There I asked the Almighty to guide me to be in service. I set my intention to be of service and in essence continued the process of surrendering the agenda implanted in me from this system to be "white" and follow a career path and not nourish my unique fruits and callings. This is what I mean by emptying myself. To die to that which no longer serves me and to be born into the power of faith—action towards the highest fulfillment of my ability to serve Jah."

* Well you are not saying anything by this. So now you are telling us that 4 days in the natural world (whatever you mean there) could be enough to transform Whites with their history of 500 years of White racism into White Saviours? I know what it is like to get 'messages'. The 'messages' some people get can be interpreted badly; it still takes developing and reasoning to evaluate them. You have not posted anything on this board to convince I that you had a real life altering experience. Nothing you said there can make you a White saviour for Black Africans, even if you phrase it as being a vessel for the works of other Black Africans.

You said:
"I have financially supported every request I have seen over this board as well as other programs not represented on this board. These have not been big contributions but its been what I could do." and also "I have put the call out to the community I reside in for more volunteers and as of yet, no Diasporian Black Africans have been able to."

* I hope you do not expect I to fall down on my knees and be grateful that you contributed to requests for funds on the board or elsewhere. It should be known, these requests were not from the management of this Website, but other participants on the board. I am quite aware that there are some who want to contribute to African causes in very public ways, only to constantly bring that up when we are reasoning about Self-determination and White privileges. How does contributing in whatever way make you different? You are privileged and still feel you can buy your way into acceptance. Just like bringing the Quaker angle into play, you are using every opportunity to tell us what you did for Black Africans. It is not up to you to put out any call for Diasporan Africans to do anything. Don't whine to I about the burden of what you do.

You said:
"Ayinde I am a brother to whoever opens their heart to me."

* Well if you said you had a real life altering experience you should be able to explain what this means and what are the processes. I hope this is not another cliché you are throwing around to appear benevolent.

Given that so many Whites are mentally impoverished and lost in Babylon, why are you not based in Europe or the U.S. trying to save them? Is it that Whites have less/smaller problems, so you are called to be a missionary in Africa?

You said:
"I am open and ready to share and support and learn and do what I can for this earth regardless of the continent, person, class, or creed."

* It would be good if Whites did come to this Black forum to learn, but unfortunately very few do that. Most Whites come here in their vainglorious attempt to teach Black Africans about a Black African Movement. I posted a response to you with so much that you could have called on I to clarify to a principle, but instead you attempted to refute with a whole lot more words that did not expand the debate, but more defended your white saviour complex. So I am convinced the part about you learning is also lip-service.

The initial questions on this thread were:
"HOW DO YOU WHITE 'RASTAS' STOP OTHER WHITE PEOPLE PRACTICING WHITE SUPREMACY ?
How do you make sure other white people are not practicing White Supremacy (racism)?
If you are a white 'Rasta' interested that no person be mistreated on the basis of color, please answer the questions I pose to you.
B.K"

* The answer cannot be about Whites going to Africa to teach/help/save Black Africans.

I stand by my previous final words:

"You can do what is legally permissible, but rest assured that by feeling you are entitled (called) to BE and DO as you are doing in Africa, you have aligned yourself AGAINST Black Africans who are working for self-determination and want to remove all vestiges of a White saviour. You are automatically another White who is fueling divisions among Blacks Africans."

Having said all of this, I have on more than one occasion shared these unpopular views, so I will not be going back and forth on it. If your response is another false-sense-of-self aggrandizing one in my view, I will let it end there.

Messages In This Thread

HOW DO YOU WHITE 'RASTAS' STOP OTHER WHITE PEOPLE
Re: HOW DO YOU WHITE 'RASTAS' STOP OTHER WHITE PEO
ps- big up Bantu for the good question *NM*
Re: See............
Re: See............
catchin feelins huh... [suckteeth]
is likkle b white??
Re: is likkle b white??
likkkle b : as a man thinkest so he is..........
leadership has to do with personality
Re: HOW DO YOU WHITE 'RASTAS' STOP OTHER WHITE PEO *LINK*
'withe-white'ness is the destruction of hue-manity *NM*
First :do no harm
Re: First :do no harm
PON DE TV
most whites look pon I man with disgust
Re: most whites look pon I man with disgust
If you are over 10...
will 'white rastas' destroy "white"ness?....no
Ive learned you cant stop anyone from doing anythi
Re: Ive learned you cant stop anyone from doing an
while white ones are being patient, others believe
Re: while white ones are being patient, others bel
Re: Specific Project!
Seshatasefekht
Re: Seshatasefekht
Re: Seshatasefekht
By Your Works--not color
The Tarzan Fixation
Ayinde
Same White Saviour Complex
Re: Same White Saviour Complex
Re: By Your Works--not color
Your Works
Re: Your Works
Re: By Your Works--not color
Does the white Ras have more power?
Re: Does the white Ras have more power?
no white person is subject to white supremacy.....
Re: no white person is subject to white supremacy. *NM* *LINK*
"white" egypt......
sesha, you scared the @#$% out of me with that!!!
Re: sesha, you scared the @#$% out of me with that *LINK*
Hotep!!! *NM*
Well i feel threatened by white supremasses
Re: Starshyne & three_sixty !
Whites cannot really educate other Whites
Re: Whites cannot really educate other Whites
Re: Typo Correction
would we be any different than the bushes if......
Re: would we be any different than the bushes if..
"Death to all balck and white oppressors!!!" ?
Re: "Death to all balck and white oppressors!!!" ?
Re: "Death to all balck and white oppressors!!!" ?
white
black
Invention of the ‘White Race’
Re: Invention of the ‘White Race’
neely fuller jr. is on point. read his work.... *NM*
Re: neely fuller jr. is on point. read his work...
interview: neely fuller jr. is on point. *NM* *LINK*
Re: interview: neely fuller jr. is on point.
Re: I apologize
By Example

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com