HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

By Your Works--not color
In Response To: Re: Specific Project! ()

Greetings "starshyne"

I seek to answer your questions

1)If you want to hear from my Queen then call InI at 828-664-0113. If you would rather type her a question or comment then do so...her name is Debra Kiliru-Liontree.

2)As to your question about why I answered the invitation and need to voluteer in the prison system:
It would be great if someone else was answering the call who was of black skin. If there was not a need I would not go. There is a need so I act out of my ability to respond to that need.

3)You ask how does a white man teach self determination to black men? I do not teach it. I try to live it in myself which manifest in my works which include seeking Africa for me and my families future. My countenance, works, and heart are an example which may serve as teachment. The reasonings in the prison and countenances I meet teach me. My focus in the prison system is advocating for what the inmates are asking for like the Niyabinghi we will have there this Friday, like delivering the books and videos they want, like playing the music tonight on my radio show they request, like setting them up with African Pen Pals, like letting them know who to contact when they are "free" and want to link in their respective communities with rastafari.

For your question I ask one to you. How is it that white Quakers could play a role in the Underground Railroad? The ones who chose to do that had to step up to organize money, food, clothes, transportation, and safe houses while risking their life by listening to their heart and conscience. If they did not break the human law set for them the Underground Railroad would not have occurred. If they got stuck in saying wait I am white so therefore should not step up with action then Harriet Tubman and others escaping the plantations would not have had the physical necessities requiered for such a trip north. There was a need and they answered it.

4)You ask "how is it a white man leads expeditions to Africa? educational or not...there are plenty of blacks that would surely like to repatriate...why isn't your funds and resources 100% works towards that....or why aren't white peoples funds and resources used to give back to the black community so they can build up their own educational trips for their people to Africa?

I lead trips to Africa because I've been called into that work. How does a calling come? Through surrendering and seeking. I fasted for four days in the the wilderness alone before my first trip to Ghana aksing to be guided. I did not know what knowledge and calling awaited me there but I had to empty myself in order to be a vessel for Jah to reveal his calling to me. Once in Ghana I began to find teachers and family. I began to see the need for people to liberate themselves through a physical experience in Africa. I began to feel my ancestors of the underground railroad call me to support an overground railroad EXODUS. After returning to the U.S I quickly put my first trip together under Habitat For Humanity to Ghana. After leading that trip I realized my aims were not fully in tune with Habitat and I began to envision the creation of an organzation that could support the Overground Railroad. How does one answer a calling? By acting in patience and faith persistently. A big part of my calling to lead trips to Africa is to provide Africans in the Diaspora with access to a bridge forward to the Motherland with a network of "family"(ones we know and love,who know and love me and my family and our calling) that are chiefs, musicians, repatriates, muslims, rastafari, christians, artists, farmers, Disc Jockeys, university professor... who all live in Africa. This type of work does not occur overnight nor do the resources to fulfill it. We are working on birthing our non profit organization which includes building an endowment for full scholarships for Africans in the Diaspora. Each trip works on a service program so our money(white or black) goes into serving African Communities. Our organization is an umbrella for INI bredren and sistren to lead trips as well. This answers how we are supporting "black" people in building their own educational trip....for instance Ras Aziz Khan and I will be leading a trip to Ethiopia in December 2006 through January 2007 and working on establishing his Eden Works Tree Nursery to serve the Shashemene and surrounding community. Manou Dalumba Selassie, a native of Senegal now living in MA, will be leading a trip to Senegal through Motherland International Relations in June 2007.

Starshyne I doubt that the answeres will serve you. You are in a good position of challenging white supremacy. You are also in a volatile position of forgetting that their are always exceptions to the rule and that in this time and everytime each person must seek to be an exception to grow outside of the confines of rules and politically correct dogma to be the fountain of life Jah has intended. Being conscious of "white" legacy and the need for Black Determination by Black people is key. Being paralyzed or not stepping up to answer the needs of the movement because of race is unfortunate. Each person fulfilling their calling(s) is how the great Creator can use his/her vehicles on earth to manifest his/her highest glory. We each need to be open to our part and ever seek the next piece of the puzzle we can do for Jah to bring it together fully.

InI family is. We are throughout the world and we may not have met eachother physically but we resonate to Equal Rights and Justice in one accord and live God, Jah, Buddha....LOVE. Many of this family are reverent unto the Almighty Haile Selassie I. Jah Work is building family without downpression. Yes I have loved ones who are not blood family by definition that are not working towards Africa or within Rastafari. I love them, they love me, and they know where I will be if they ever want to find me...Africa. This is not the magical view of Africa where everything is milk and honey but it is the earthical reality that we have been there, know the prophecies, and are making our home there, and are supporting others to get there. Life is hard in Africa. Life is also a joy in Africa. Life will remain in Africa. I cannot confidently say the ladder for the nation in which I was born.

Simply put I know it is imperative for each person to do their works that they are called to. Along my path their has always been judgement from many sides which has brought me to tears, brought to light negative aspects of myself I did not know, brought me to aspects of enlightenment, and brought me to know myself and inner guide/voice. Yes history as our guide shows horrific things have been done by white people. This will not stop me from doing the right. This will not stop me from being a leader if that is what I am called to be. Leadership for me is about motivating, challenging, and inspiring others to lead their life in accordance with their calling(not carnal but Jah Given). In my leadership I am always ready to step back for anyone ready and able to forward the works and support that individual or collective. By forming an organization to support educational service trips to Africa it is not about me but about the opportunity to learn, share, and grow within the Motherland, within oneself, and within ones calling.

You said,"to replace white supremacy it will not be yet another white face leading the way on what ever level." You are right. It will be hearts and minds of all types that will break down the walls of separation and priveledge to live together equal in the eyes of the Allmighty and in the eyes of humanity. For my part I do not ever see that happening in the U.S. systematically speaking. I do know it to be happening in Africa. It will take current polictical and economic systems being done away with. It will take cultural devestation through westernization being done away with. It will take more strength, resources, and unpeeling brainwashed education from all sides for it to reach its intended reality which is: Food, clothes, shelter, caring for elderly and sick, planting individually and colletively,living through and after the judgement of Babylon from land mass to land mass, and being one with our father and mother of creation and all their children of the earth who have overcome. I know this to be in process in Africa.

My first time in Shashemene I received fire from some people for my legacy. 5 years later I was embraced by these same people because InI works were manifesting and not just words. Shashemene, Cape Coast Ghana, Nairobi Kenya.....needs good intention translated into good energy from whoever it may be. Strength to strength InI family will grow.

When in Ethiopia last year I met with His Highness Prince Zara Yacub. He is creating the Peace Foundation, a non profit organization to represent anyone seeking repatriation. Legally our organization is not allowed to "advocate for repatriation" as a U.S non profit. By linking up with the Peace Foundation all those who we link with who want to repatriate and be respresented in the AU by His Imperial Majesties chosen grandson may do so. This is strength to strength. As the T-shirt Zara Yacub gave me says, "the fruit of cooperation is success".

There will always be people white and black who say I should not be doing what I am doing. My concern is not to appease them. I am hopeful that these people will find what they need to be doing and a family of people to support them in it.

For the sake of My African Brothers and Sisters on the continent who continue to ask me to do the work I've been given to do, and for the African Brothers and Sisters off the continent who want to be part of the work we are doing, and for all people who want to appropriately experience and serve Africa I say and I Chant I Shall Not Remove. Yes I will always heed counsel and rebuke and seek higher overstanding of life and my shortcoming. No I will never give up my faith which is action which is in accordance with Haile Selassie I, "Until such time when Ethiopia becomes fully developed and is self-sufficient, all of us have to labour hard and contribute our share to this end in accordance with the abilities with which the Almighty God has endowed us in His bounty".

Starshyne have you given to the Elder Fund or Women's Quarters?

Peace,
Christopher

Messages In This Thread

HOW DO YOU WHITE 'RASTAS' STOP OTHER WHITE PEOPLE
Re: HOW DO YOU WHITE 'RASTAS' STOP OTHER WHITE PEO
ps- big up Bantu for the good question *NM*
Re: See............
Re: See............
catchin feelins huh... [suckteeth]
is likkle b white??
Re: is likkle b white??
likkkle b : as a man thinkest so he is..........
leadership has to do with personality
Re: HOW DO YOU WHITE 'RASTAS' STOP OTHER WHITE PEO *LINK*
'withe-white'ness is the destruction of hue-manity *NM*
First :do no harm
Re: First :do no harm
PON DE TV
most whites look pon I man with disgust
Re: most whites look pon I man with disgust
If you are over 10...
will 'white rastas' destroy "white"ness?....no
Ive learned you cant stop anyone from doing anythi
Re: Ive learned you cant stop anyone from doing an
while white ones are being patient, others believe
Re: while white ones are being patient, others bel
Re: Specific Project!
Seshatasefekht
Re: Seshatasefekht
Re: Seshatasefekht
By Your Works--not color
The Tarzan Fixation
Ayinde
Same White Saviour Complex
Re: Same White Saviour Complex
Re: By Your Works--not color
Your Works
Re: Your Works
Re: By Your Works--not color
Does the white Ras have more power?
Re: Does the white Ras have more power?
no white person is subject to white supremacy.....
Re: no white person is subject to white supremacy. *NM* *LINK*
"white" egypt......
sesha, you scared the @#$% out of me with that!!!
Re: sesha, you scared the @#$% out of me with that *LINK*
Hotep!!! *NM*
Well i feel threatened by white supremasses
Re: Starshyne & three_sixty !
Whites cannot really educate other Whites
Re: Whites cannot really educate other Whites
Re: Typo Correction
would we be any different than the bushes if......
Re: would we be any different than the bushes if..
"Death to all balck and white oppressors!!!" ?
Re: "Death to all balck and white oppressors!!!" ?
Re: "Death to all balck and white oppressors!!!" ?
white
black
Invention of the ‘White Race’
Re: Invention of the ‘White Race’
neely fuller jr. is on point. read his work.... *NM*
Re: neely fuller jr. is on point. read his work...
interview: neely fuller jr. is on point. *NM* *LINK*
Re: interview: neely fuller jr. is on point.
Re: I apologize
By Example

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com