HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Lessons I learned
In Response To: Re: Lessons I learned ()

Eti (A-tee)-- Ears

An elder described Wisdom (Amoye) as a living being. He said she is a powerful friend of humanity. And, that like all living things, Wisdom has her own ways of doing things. Because of this, he recommended that one be alert at all times so that Wisdom is not ignored when she whispers in the ear.

Wisdom comes twice : she might come at first as a question and then again as the answer but sometimes, we are given the answer first and it makes no sense because the question has not yet being asked. So, we discard the answer because it appears to be of no use. Then, when the question appears.....

Therefore, the most important abilities a person has to develop are the senses of recognition, organisation, and assimilation.

Wisdom, being a living being belongs to no man/woman. She may come to you but, she does this only so she can speak to your community through you. You are to Wisdom as a drum is to the drummer. The drum makes the sound, but the drummer dictates the sound. So, why is it now seen as normal for people to think they own the gifts of Wisdom? It may be that a song comes to a man, this song, when heard by others lifts thier spirits and, as thier spirits are lifted, thier work becomes less strenous : they aqquire greater competence.

All TRUE forms of art (and science) are created with the intention of enhancing competence in one area or another of human activities. What makes us laugh (or dance) makes our life sweeter, as life gets sweeter, energy grows and as energy grows, more work can be done. Then, there the things we look on and enter deep thought, these strengthen our mind, and as our mind gets strengthened, we are able to devise better ways of doing other/more things. We become more competent. Competence (Amoxe), is a quality of Wisdom (Amoye), which means that, artistic and scientific inspiration are tools manifested to serve a higher purpose than they are currently being used for (because people now believe that the gifts of Wisdom are a commodity). And, even where they do not get paid in cash, they expect some sort of special acknowledgement for thier 'achievement'. They see others who are in the same orbit not as companions in the service of Wisdom but as competition. In fact, many do not realise that they are in the orbit of something far greater than humanity, they instead have the view that they are the sun, that lesser humans are feeding off thier rays and so, they should be paid homage.

Fela Anikulapo had a slogan : "MUSIC IS THE WEAPON OF THE FUTURE." This is not a figure of speech, it is fact. Music is a tool that can be used to achieve anything the mind concieves (IF we overstand it). Music is sound, sound is all about frequencies, and all things vibrate to a specific frequency. All things in space and time AND space and time have a specific frequency. The earth, has a song. This song is what some call gravity. The sun and all the other beings out in the cosmos have thier songs. If a person knows the song of the earth, then, there is nothing on earth that this person cannot do. This is the power that is in our sacred word-sounds. This is the power we have to recover. Between the mouth and the ear, infinity.

Ibere la wa yi
Ori je ka mure dele

We are at the beginning
May it be our destiny to return home with blessings.

Messages In This Thread

Lessons I learned

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com