HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: for Ayinde and Gman
In Response To: Re: for Ayinde and Gman ()

I should have pointed out in my first response when you said, "... what is situation like in Trinidad and Guyana regarding Asians and blacks economic wise ...” that many Asians are indeed Black, and some Asians are as African as any Black African in Africa. I assumed you were speaking about the Indian type Asians and Black Africans.

I hear talk about Africans jealousy toward Indians here. But that is crap. As the result of the way Indians internalize Hinduism, they are quite racist.

About 10 years ago, they used to explain on their Hindu programs here that Black people came about when Ram (one of their Brahmin gods) burnt Rawan (a black king from Sri Lanka they use to symbolize evil). I did much work to put an end to that crap on the airways by supplying information as to the African origin of all races.

The caste system is a considerable part of Hinduism and it teaches Indians (especially light-skinned ones) to develop a superiority complex towards darker-skinned people.

This illegitimate children talk is foolishness. I am saying if they want to make a case for illegitimate children (although all children are legitimate) they will have to start by talking about all the African children born in the West as a result of Slavery. The family instructions among Africans were shattered. These were quite deliberate acts. So of course becoming more responsible in general is the result of increasing consciousness. Indians have enough of their own social problems to work out than to be involved in pointing fingers at Africans.

If Africans APPEAR not to be as hard working, it is definitely as a result of a system (including an education system) that opposes their interest. Remember that Africans were torn apart from indigenous social institutions so there is less cohesiveness. Africans here, who grasp a better understanding of themselves, do so much to develop themselves economically and otherwise. They are not the ones in Jail for petty crimes.

Messages In This Thread

for Ayinde and Gman

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com