HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: So where/how/when do we differ

"the difference we may have may be resulted by experiences .
i think that the less important difference ( white vs black skin ) is portrayed here as the MOST important" .......rob

* if i may interject. this is where you run into difficulty. you say that the color of skin is the less important difference. by doing so you are showing arrogance and insensitivity, and being no less than insulting. is it the least important difference for ones who suffer most at the hands of racism? 'white' people are the ones who designed and created the idea of race and of profiling and subjegating ones on the basis of the color of their skin. so now after all of the wickedness done by the system they created and after all of the wealth they have accumulated, how can a 'white' claim that it is no longer an issue? by saying that 'color doesn't matter' you are in effect saying that the realities, experiences and most importantly the suffering of racism's victims is 'the least important' issue and doesn't matter. you are, in effect, telling non'white' people to "just get over it". i don't think that you realize what yr statements really amount to. i just think that you need to gain a little more humility and overstand that because of yr skin color you have different experiences and have not suffered at the hands of racism and therefore have a perspective that does not represent those of the sufferers. the disease cannot instruct the body how to heal.
please do not take this as a personal attack.

read as:
the disease (white mindset, white perspective, and those who benefit directly/indirectly from racism) cannot instruct the body (the masses of non'white' people who suffer in all aspects of life from racism) how to heal (or when the healing is complete.)

guidance.

Messages In This Thread

What do we believe and why???
Re: What do we believe and why???
I thank you
So where/how/when do we differ *NM*
selam *NM*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com