HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Who feels it knows it
In Response To: Re: Who feels it knows it ()

Quote:

„irie iyah ,
so in the end i am reasoning with ayinde , lol !”

/End Quote

I wonder what gives you, rob_afreeka, the guts to think you can walk into someone’s forum, a black Afrikans’ forum or one that someone pulled together for the interest of uplifting black people, and expect your stubbornly euro-centric views and attitude -- (and Afrikan non-views) -- to be given red-carpet treatment. In one of your posts, you even wrote (about Ayinde, replying to three_sixty): “no !! a post from Ayinde , man ... from what i over i and him will not reason anymore , and from what i grasp he is an atheist .” [SIC] … whatever you really meant there. And then again to gman you quipped: “you can do what i did with ayinde and be fine . it's ok , when someone see that with someone he just can't get along maybe is the best way .” ... But then WHAT ARE YOU DOING ON AN ATHEIST’S WEBSITE? Aren’t you just bored? Who are you to tell Afrikans what they have to believe in, and who are you to even define belief or the concept of Rastafari to a conscious Afrikan person? What have you experienced in your white life to put your purely theoretical “rasta” beliefs on a par with Ayinde’s obvious knowledge and real-life experiences, or gman’s own, or apparently even three_sixty’s?? (I gather three_sixty is white).
Isn’t this actually what the whole deal is about: White arrogance?

Three-sixty gave you examples and explanations to try and point out the many loopholes and missing links in your funny logic, but no, you are a “Rasta”, and Rastas do not budge apparently. You forget that the mere fact that you are a white, coupled with your weird european reasoning, makes you probably unfit to be what you claim you are! Your stubbornness and hardheaded refusal to acknowledge even the Afro-centric roots of YOUR IDEOLOGY of Rastafari would make some clear-thinking blacks hostile toward you! Because, frankly, it is like an insult for a black Afrikan person in this cruel world we’re living in to be coached by a stubborn white like you on matters pertaining to Rastafari. You are white (as I understand) and remain a white, you are not black! No amount of patois jargon you crack your head to memorise will ever make an Afrikan out of you, an Afrikan or Afro-Caribbean person. Rastafari is about Afrikan redemption first and foremost, not about whites, Rome, Italy or the church!!

Stubborn white people like you are absolutely unfit to commune with Afrikans because:

“Rastafari for many Whites is about escapism. Many come to Rastafari with their unaddressed racism, white privilege and arrogance. They are encouraged on by a few stupid Blacks. It is not strange to see Whites coming here trying to teach Black Africans about Rastafari. The Whites who are like that are usually stubborn and hostile. They use Haile Selassie speeches as weapons against the Black Africans they are to serve.”

Messages In This Thread

Who feels it knows it
Rastafari for many Whites is about escapism
Rhetorical question and answer
Re: Rhetorical question and answer

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com