HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Are We Afraid to Talk About The Ark Of Covenan

I am not maligning you; I am letting you know that you are unbelievable. I am sure I did not misquote you. You are not the only one who can be sarcastic, and I am letting you know that.

If you present some stories about yourself that you do not reasonably prove, relying on us to either believe the story or not, I do not believe you. These are the only two options you gave, 'Believe Masimba Musodza, or not'.

This is not the first time that you made statements then later on you pretended you could not remember. We had plenty of exchanges over peasants. I will post one of these quotes to remind you. I am also including a distorted view you gave about race.

I don't have the time to present everything you have stated that does not make sense. I can find many more, including outright insults, that are in the public archives. You never admitted that your views were errors, so these views remain a part of who you are.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Some of your statements:

1) "I am well acquainted with the origin of the word peasant thank you very much. And I am offended that you would apply this to the Rastafarian. We are children of the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

If peasants are such a big deal, then explain why they are always no more than cannon-fodder for both sides of the ruling classes vying for ultimate control. This has nothing to do with colonialism, in many pre-colonial times the lot of the common folk was at the mercy of the ruling classes. It has nothing to do with oppression, some people are given to man's vices, drunkenness, dissipation, drugs etc, and then poverty comes in and they are selling themselves to those who have striven to improve themselves or they try and ascend the food chain by other unsavoury means, also involving vice."

http://www.rastafarispeaks.com/cgi-bin/forum/archive1/config.pl?read=56507

~

2) "My father possess a large tract of land. Up to now, it has not been utilised, again because he was not running it on sound business principles. My mother has come in to possession of it, and called upon me to help. I have insisted that she will not see a cent of mine until she is ready to run it like a proper business."

http://www.rastafarispeaks.com/cgi-bin/forum/archive1/config.pl?read=41879

~

3) "The people who move to the UK are mostly not refugees, not political refugees. The suffering masses who get beaten up and terrorised by the Mugabe regime do not have the money to come over here. It used to take months to get a passport in Zimbabwe, must take years now given that more people need them."

http://www.rastafarispeaks.com/cgi-bin/forum/archive1/config.pl?read=48903

~

4) "As for making money here, that is what I was doing in Zimbabwe, and I think it is good to carry on business. The money is sent home to assist my family."

http://www.rastafarispeaks.com/cgi-bin/forum/archive1/config.pl?read=48912

~

5 ) "Are any of you familiar with the African concept of race?

In my culture, race is patrilineal. For example,I am Buja. My mother is of the VaHera, her mother is of the VaKorekore. My patrilineal grandmother is a Buja. I take my identity from my father, and will pass it on to my children and it will continue in the male line.

This means that four generations of interracial unions later and my descendants are blue-eyed blonde whites or slant eyed japanese or whatever, as long as they are in the male line, they are still as Buja as their cousins in north-east Zimbabwe- my people's ancestral home. By this same logic, Bob Marley is Scottish, as are Ziggy & siblings.

Skin colour does not come in to it. Did you know that there are no words in my language that are equivalent to any of the racial terms in English? Even the term for a white person simply means "foreigner". And even so, we tend not to use the word "foreigner", preferring euphemisms like "mubvakure" meaning "One who comes from afar".

As much as words are needed to convey and keep thoughts, I should say that we Africans had this whole race issue figured out a long time ago."

http://www.rastafarispeaks.com/cgi-bin/forum/archive1/config.pl?read=41035

~

6) "I do not take kindly to personal experience and practical knowledge being dismissed by someone whose Africa comes from a book written a long time ago. Uri murudzii? Mutupo wako chii? Unozivei nezvechivanhu kunze kwekutoverenga zvakanyorwa kare nevamwevo vasina kana kumbotsika nyika yevatema.

Suprise me by responding to that in the language I have used. Then I will humbly swallow the naivity jibe."

http://www.rastafarispeaks.com/cgi-bin/forum/archive1/config.pl?read=41090

~

7) "Ha!!!As I expected this Djehuti chap has nothing to say to my response, given as it was in an African speech. Now how can he claim to walk the walk when he cannot talk the talk.

The point I was making is that someone whose experience of Africa comes out of a book written a long time ago by someone who has probably never set foot on the continent simply has no place to describe as naive someone ( namely, moi) who was not only born in Africa but lives his life as an African. Living as an African is dynamic, my friend, it cannot be fixed on to the pages of some book.

I can trace my lineage back over 5000 years, my earliest ancestor being a priestess of Ra in ancient Khem. From that time, my forbears have been Kings and Queens, warriors, scholars, priests and mystics, slaves even, mere peasants, traders, explorers, Hebrew wanderers, Christian converts, vassals of a British colonial system, civil servants in an independent African State and so on. No book could ever contain the wealth of experiences handed down.

I never thought I would ever sink to the level of what appears to be characteristic of Black Diaspora academia- this whole Mirror-Mirror-on-the-wall-who's-the-Blackest-of-us-all thing. But I guess I cannot abide having my Africanness questioned by someone who has so little of it except what he has read about."

http://www.rastafarispeaks.com/cgi-bin/forum/archive1/config.pl?read=41115

~

8) "Interesting.I always assumed the reason I saw light-skinned Black Americans on television was that there are no "pure" Blacks any more."

http://www.rastafarispeaks.com/cgi-bin/forum/config.pl?noframes;read=61706

~

9 ) "What is patronising is the assumption many media people make that African audiences are not ready to see African people on the screen. We heard that a lot in Zimbabwe...."

http://www.rastafarispeaks.com/cgi-bin/forum/config.pl?noframes;read=61989

~

I am not sure if you answered this one, but what is the source for this quote you presented?

You said:
"The time is near when the Ark of the Covenant shall be revealed from its hiding place in Ethiopia. From the days of King Solomon and the Queen of Sheba, it has been here. I am the Son of David. I am the Son of Solomon"- H.I.M. Emperor Haile Selassie I.

* If I don't get the answer I will not ask again.

Messages In This Thread

What Is the Ark of the Covenant?
Re: What Is the Ark of the Covenant?
What Are TheUses Of The Ark Of The Covenant?
a history of thievery or borrowed gold?
hyksos = hebrew *NM*
Re: a history of thievery or borrowed gold?
and a little something something: borrowed gold...
Re: What Are TheUses Of The Ark Of The Covenant?
detractors................. *NM*
Re: Why Is the Ark of the Covenant? *LINK*
Re: Why Is the Ark of the Covenant?
Re: Why Is the Ark of the Covenant?
what 'white' people believe.... *LINK*
sem, shem = set, seth- typhon, satan *NM*
the negro a beast *NM* *LINK*
the negro a beast *NM* *LINK*
Re: what 'white' people believe.... *NM* *LINK*
Are We Afraid to Talk About The Ark Of Covenant
madamn. moi? *LINK*
why won't "my seed"(ME) inherit from me? *NM*
To which I reply
Re: To which I reply
I am not fluent in any language

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com