HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: HAILE SELASSIE I IS THE RASTAFARI MOVEMENT....

Yes I. Oromorality prompt I man to read more Etiopian history. Since the time is lacking at this very moment I will comment off the top of my head about what I think I know. I will return to my statement that Menelik mother was from the Galla tribe making him 'of low birth.' This 'low birth is not my own opinion but reflects the view of perhaps racist European commenting on Ethiopia. I man was merely trying to show why I feel that it was unlikely that Menelik II would downpress his ow mother's people!

The main reason why I seem so biased towards Menelik II is that I know that he once made a treaty with one European 'power'(Italy) in which the Europeans had their own version of the treaty ie. Menelik's version said that Ethiopia would 'if they wished' consult the European power when making decisions of international importance. The Italian powers however took it to mean that Ethiopia was obliged to ask for European permission when making international decisions! It was the alertness of Menelik II which made it necessary to fight and defend Ethiopia from European encroachment vis-a-vis the Battle of Adowa.

When I check Oromorality statements at face value my instincts remind me how Walter Rodney broke down to I & I how Europeans amplify 'tribal' differences to perpetuate divide and rule over I & I as Afrikans. Differences which all over Afrika as in all the world would have been naturally transcended if Europe had nod interfered in the course of history are now encouraged among I & I. I mean clans and 'tribes' constitute FAMILY ties or imply common descent from the same anscestor. But rarely does an Afrikan village or region for that matter constitute purely of people of the same ethnic stock (that might lead to incest!)even though they do sometimes take up the NAME of a particular tribe.

As my own hypothesis I might remind ones and ones that the ancient historians (e.g. Herodotus) when they were speaking of Ethiopia/Egypt/Cush - "The Land of the Blacks" they described an area wwhich extended as far as Babylonia in the north, Southern Arabia and the Ganges river and India. So though I feel I must research on the origin of the Semitic peoples who emigrated to Ethiopia I don't forget that they are still considered African's by some. "Are ye not as unto the children of Ethiopia unto I." Today Istorians like Chiek Anta Diop teach that there were two types of Afrikans, both with the same skin type that would be classified as Negro in Amerikkka while some had straight hair (as those found in India) and those with frizzled hair.

In the meantime I will go and research on Amharization and the arrival of Semitic peoples in Afrika! Give Yanks!

Messages In This Thread

HAILE SELASSIE I IS THE RASTAFARI MOVEMENT........
MARCUS GARVEY TOO
ayinde?
cut out the root n the tree ago wither *NM*
Re: ayinde?
i wasnt talkin bout the site but the self
that would be illegal!
Re: MARCUS GARVEY TOO
Re: I totally agree with you.........! *NM*
!!!!
Re: !!!!
Re: !!!!
oromo who joined amahara oppressor were rewarded
Re: oromo who joined amahara oppressor were reward
Re: oromo who joined amahara oppressor were reward
Re: Oromorality
Re: Oromorality
Re: IN DEFENCE OF MENELIK II
Re: IN DEFENCE OF MENELIK II
rastafari movement and 'religious' deception

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com