Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Answers
In Response To: Re: Answers ()

To : "Why do you find it easier to relate to the explanation of the semites than to that of indigenous Africa?"

blessedflames said "...I find it easy to relate to both because they are one & the same. "

And I have to ask : The semite is an African? The hyksos is an African? Please, direct me to the place in the bible where the writer describes himself as a BLACK person. If neccesary, dig out your original scripture and put up the hebrew phrase that says "I am Black". The indulgence of this particular illusion has gone on for too long. There are a few people in the bible referred to as Black but, would this be neccesary if the Black was the norm in that society? No.

I personally would never pick up what a demon has regurgitated and call it food. Not even if he had picked it off my plate. Not even if my mother (who I love and respect 100%) had been the one who cooked the food. The second the thief picked it up, it became contaminated, as he chewed it over, it became unsalvagable and when he spat it out, even the ground it landed on became cursed.

NOTE: before you again use the word 'tribe' to refer to indigenous groups, research it's meaning and research the reason why 40 million Yoruba are called a tribe while 5 million belgians are called a nation.

I asked : "You are not descended from the Amhara so, why do you find it easier to identify with thier culture?"

To which blessedflames answered : "...His Ivine Majesty Emperor Haile Selassie I is an Amhara & he was Head of the O.A.U. so I have no problem identifing with that, just like I have no problem identifing with the dogon, or the yoruba, WHY DO YOU have a problem with the tribe that Ras Tafari Makonenn belongs to? "

I have no problem with the Amhara, I am just questioning your motives for placing them so high also, you should rethink your veneration of the OAU. You claim to be one who believes in the unity of Africa, if so, then why would you be hailing an organisation that was primarily set up to preserve colonial borders and institutions? Whatever good the OAU did before it was wound up is outweighed by the deliberate damage it did to the cause of African integration.

I asked : "Is it because you see the civilizations of the west coast as being inferior to the Amhara civilization?"

blessedflames answered : ...I certainly dont, DO YOU see the civilizations of the Amhara being inferior to those of the west?

Yes. Because, with the exception of the mixed race nations (i.e. Tutsi, Fulani and Amhara), there are no other examples of minority groups of Africans maintaining feudal systems over other a larger group of Africans. Once is an exception, twice a co-incidence, but three times, yes, it's a pattern. Question now is, do you think this is a good pattern? Do you think it was better than what the other Africans had before? Perhaps you think the Amhara were doing Oromia a favour by placing it under the wings of solomon's son. Yes, this is the arguement we heard from those who justified the atlantic slave trade, " we brought them into the house of christ..."

When all is said, Haile Selassie did nothing unique. What he did, others before him had done and are still doing. Respect him and honour him as a great African patriot and thinker. Respect and honour yourself by realising that the boundaries of truth are endless, they do not start with man and will not end with man. As it is, you are stuck in a groove, that is why you keep going around with the same sound coming out your mouth. If the main reason you worship Haile Selassie is because someone reading a book written by a semite said he is in that book then, INDIRECTLY, you have let A 'WHITE' MAN DEFINE GOD FOR YOU.

And that is why you find that the 'white' onelove crew are so much against any talk that does not support HIM as God Almighty. They know that those who say otherwise are taking them out of the picture. Putting them where they ought to be. Why do you find this process so offensive? Where in you is the spirit that finds this process so offensive? What 'tribe' is it?

Messages In This Thread

Questions
Re: Questions
is it Diasporian-Africans fault they were born in
Re: is it Diasporian-Africans fault they were born
Re: is it Diasporian-Africans fault they were born
Africans and the Christian Bible
Re: Africans and the Christian Bible
come again lovely response
Re: Well said Eja! *NM*
Re: Answers *LINK*
Re: Eja
SELASSIELIVE WELL SAID
Re:BlessedFlames
Re: Answers *LINK*
BLESSEDFLAMES WELL SAID *NM*
Wealth of the west built on Africa's exploitation
Re: Wealth of the west built on Africa's exploitat
Nuff Said-Respect Due. *NM*
voice of the 'real son' *NM* *LINK*
Re: Ayinde, well said, so eloquent!!!!
'Tribalism' or harsh reality? *LINK*
Re: Thanks for exposing this information! *NM*
Ayinde
Re: Ayinde
The New Liberians
Re: The New Liberians
Re: Ayinde
Re: ???!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Yes, I made a comment. Thank you!!! *NM*
Racism, Colorism and Power *LINK*
Re: Racism, Colorism and Power
Black/The Perfect Black
Re: Black/The Perfect Black
mo'hawhaw
Re: mo'of void eja talk
Colorism Lingers in the 21st Century *LINK*
The Legacy of the Brown Paper Bag
Re: The Legacy of the Brown Paper Bag
'Colorism' is Alive and Well *LINK*
Re: 'Colorism' is Alive and Well
Re: 'Colorism' is Alive and Well *LINK*
Re: 'Colorism' is Alive and Well *LINK*
And still no answer...
Re: And still no answer...
Re: And still no answer...
The paper bag test *LINK*
Skin-Deep Discrimination *LINK*
Re: Skin-Deep Discrimination
Re: Skin-Deep Discrimination
All questions have already been answered!
Re: All questions have already been answered!
Re: All questions have already been answered!
Re: Questions & Answers

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com