HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: The Myth - Scarcity. The Reality - There is en

The only interest white people live in Afrika for is to exploit its riches, not to develop Afrika or to create a more “civilized”, EQUAL-OPPORTUNITIES Afrika, or “better” Afrikans. There’s no time to be fooled about that! Many whites, such as Allan, pretend that we still don’t know this. In fact, I concur with Ayinde and Eja in stressing that Afrika actually has the capacity to FEED (and has been feeding) Europe (for centuries!!). Yes! Don’t tell me, Allan, that you seem to know nothing about where all those “profits” are taken … To develop which part of the world? Which magnificent city did they build in Africa, to whose services every human had unrestricted access? To raise whose standard of living so rapidly? What do white commercial farmers & absentee landlords in Afrika grow, anyway, if not mainly “exotic” cash crops meant mainly for export (and export to where please?); they have to grow mainly crops to export in order to cash in forex earnings! This is one big myth -- (and Ayinde astutely pointed to it earlier this year in another post) -- for example that Zimbabwe’s commercial farmers were "feeding" Southern Afrikans; … or that the current drought in Southern Afrika actually has nothing to do with the current shortage of food in some areas of Southern Afrika, and yet the rightful expulsion of “immovable” settler-farmers in Zimbabwe does … I think most people, including you, Allan, confuse forex earnings with STAPLE FOOD -- meaning: mainly MAIZE -- eaten by the majority of (Southern) Afrikans, by most Afrikans. The bulk of that maize, in case you never heard, has always been grown through subsistence farming. Any good Afrikan would tell you this!! Actually, of course Afrika had been feeding itself for centuries, before someone thought they “discovered” it, but of course we can’t rule out the possibility that there were times of isolated famine, such as in times of war/conflict/migration, but it is also fair to argue that the mostly violent intrusion of whites/foreigners into pockets of Afrika, to eventually overwhelm Afrika -- (including the on-going Material Scramble) -- has had its own lion’s share of disturbing that natural cycle.

It would be HONOURABLE for any white to accept this. I know it’s difficult, but I think ignoring it is being outright dishonest.

Messages In This Thread

African Food Exports vs. African Starvation *LINK*
The Myth - Scarcity. The Reality - There is enough *LINK*
Re: The Myth - Scarcity. The Reality - There is en *LINK*
BLACK MAN ON THIS EARTH MUST I-NITE AND BURN FIRE!

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com