HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Back to the bazaar with unkkkle

'However, I still maintain the validity of the point I was making; which is that 'ophir' is such a big deal to you because it represents a presence in the holey bible. It is a point of view that I recognise because, growing up (and even still, now) I saw it in some of my own people. These were people, who also claimed to be descendants of the 'lost tribes of Israel'. The Ibo, we were told, were the 'jews of Africa'. It all came from from a wish to be in a position where one could point at the holey bible and say "look, we are in there; we are not monkeys."'

This may come as a shock to you, but the Old Testament Hebrews were a Black people. This is why most Black people who identify with the Hebrews are not comfortable with the word "Jew" as this implies "whiteness". I would never call myself a Jew. Nor would I call myself a Hebrew. I call myself a Rastafarian, the descent from the Twelve Tribes is implied.

I don't see why African Jews should be described as "lost". Lost from whom?

'To me, this yearning shows a lack TRUE pride.' This statement reveals your character. You are the sort of person disposed towards witch hunts, and the taking away of people to define themselves. You hate Jews, and it bothers you to confront the fact that some African people are Judaic.

I will not comment on the Ibo, as I am not aware of their history.

'If you had REAL self-knowledge, then you would know the proper attitude to take against the semites.' Again the whole shiboleth attitude! You would tell me what real self-knowledge is? Isn't it more logical to see that when I tell you about myself, I am in fact showing that I do have self-knowledge? It is not for you to seek to force me to tell my story the way you would want it told. I would not do the same for you.

'Was there ever a country/kingdom called 'ophir' in Africa or, was it called Zimbabwe/Dzimba dzamahwe? Were there ever a people called 'jew' in Africa?'

Yes, there was a land known to the writers of the Bible as Ophir. To the Arabs it was Waqlimi. The term Dzimba Dzamahwe ( Dzamabge/ dzamabwe depending on your dialect) was never the name of the country. It refers to the citadels where the Kings lived, the way we refer to the White House or Kremlin or Buckingham Palace as institutions. The name was given to the British colony of Southern Rhodesia at Independence as an expression of national pride and hope for the future. Every one in the country understands why the Dzimba Dzamahwe were built- a testament and inspiration to posterity of bygone civilisations. But orginally, it was not the name of any country. Note that the possessive pronoun cannot be rendered true to Shona grammar. I will say "ndiri muZimbabwean", meaning " I am a Zimbabwean". "Ndiri muZimbabwe" would mean " I am in Zimbabwe".

The word Jew emerged when Israel split up in to two kingdoms, one made up of Judah and Benjamin, while the other was made up of the other confederate tribes. But as I have stated, Zimbabwe's connection is from before this split.

I hope I have answered you, although the point of all this is lost on me. If there is anything I left out, I am sure you will inform me.

Messages In This Thread

Manethos acount of the "Jews"
Re: Manethos acount of the "Jews"
Give Thakhs Queen
"expell them mentally " *NM*
Re: "expell them mentally "
Back to the bazaar with unkkkle
Re: Back to the reasoning ..
originally for masimba musodza *LINK*
are africans capable of being anti-semitic?
Re: are africans capable of being anti-semitic?
the land of shem
Re: the land of shem
some say ham castrated noah *NM*
'white' genetic annihilation concept *NM*
so if the hebrews of the old testament are black..
Re: so if the hebrews of the old testament are bla
Leave the bazaar/khazar
Re: Leave the bazaar/khazar
The Qemant *LINK*
Re: The Qemant
name-calling; adams third son- SETH
Re: name-calling; adams third son- SETH

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com