ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

"the debt" and "the reckoning" *LINK*
In Response To: uk tv exposes rap ()

peace and hotep,

ankhkara,

randall robinson not only wrote about "the debt, what america owes to black" :

'In this powerful and controversial book, distinguished African-American political leader and thinker Randall Robinson makes a persuasive case for the restoration of the rich history that slavery and segregation severed. Drawing from research and personal experience, he shows that only by reclaiming their lost past and proud heritage can blacks lay the foundation for a viable future. And white Americans can make reparations for slavery and the century of de jure racial discrimination that followed with monetary restitution, educational programs, and the kinds of equal opportunities that will ensure the social and economic success of all citizens.

A book that is both an unflinching indictment of past wrongs and an impassioned call to our nation to educate all Americans—black and white alike—about the history of Africa and its people, The Debt tells us in no uncertain terms what white America owes blacks and what blacks owe themselves.',

he also wrote about "the reckoning, what blacks owe to each other" :

'As a follow-up to The Debt: What America Owes to Blacks, Randall Robinson makes the compelling case that at the same time that African Americans push for reparations, they must simultaneously fight another equally important battle against the growing prison industrial system that is as ominous a development for black and brown Americans as the slave trade was for the people of Africa between the seventeenth and nineteenth centuries. Tragically, African Americans have been and continue to be overwhelmingly thrown into new prisons-for-profit, increasingly built and run by corporations. Robinson argues that blacks owe it to each other to expose and dismantle this phenomenon because the repercussions, not only to those actually imprisoned, but for the entire black community, are frighteningly multidimensional and intergenerational.

The Reckoning grew out of Robinson's work with gang members, ex-convicts, and others profoundly scarred by environments of extreme poverty. It pays homage to the residents of these neighborhoods waging heroic struggles to save their communities, and holds up for public examination America's elected officials joining with corporate America to make private-sector prisons a twenty-first-century growth industry.'

ankhkara,when you state,

"we truly live in sad times as our youth are bombarded with these illict immoral images in rap videos...exposed in a documentary the gross misconduct and ignorance of these celebrated ROLE MODELS" ,

hasn't this always been the case?

hasn't huemankinds alway elevated arrogance, ignorance and stubbornness?

can we envision a time when ini eliminate those innate traits?

ankhkara, seems like man will never please "god".

144:1
Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:

144:2
My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.

144:3
LORD, what is man, that thou takest knowledge of him! or the son of man, that thou makest account of him!

144:4
Man is like to vanity: his days are as a shadow that passeth away.

144:5
Bow thy heavens, O LORD, and come down: touch the mountains, and they shall smoke.

144:6
Cast forth lightning, and scatter them: shoot out thine arrows, and destroy them.

144:7
Send thine hand from above; rid me, and deliver me out of great waters, from the hand of strange children;

144:8
Whose mouth speaketh vanity, and their right hand is a right hand of falsehood.

144:9
I will sing a new song unto thee, O God: upon a psaltery and an instrument of ten strings will I sing praises unto thee.

144:10
It is he that giveth salvation unto kings: who delivereth David his servant from the hurtful sword.

144:11
Rid me, and deliver me from the hand of strange children, whose mouth speaketh vanity, and their right hand is a right hand of falsehood:

144:12
That our sons may be as plants grown up in their youth; that our daughters may be as corner stones, polished after the similitude of a palace:

144:13
That our garners may be full, affording all manner of store: that our sheep may bring forth thousands and ten thousands in our streets:

144:14
That our oxen may be strong to labour; that there be no breaking in, nor going out; that there be no complaining in our streets.

144:15
Happy is that people, that is in such a case: yea, happy is that people, whose God is the LORD.

ankhkara, what sounds and images are pleasing to "god"?

since we are the products of our enviroments, who are we to pass judgements on our own mis-shapened youths because as long as their unfortunated surrounding exist they are to be preyed upon by those negative forces.

unless ones address the negative enviroments that are producing corrupted youths, ones are spinning the frictionless wheels of a horrific machine they are incapable of dealing withe. it is quite easy to beat up on youngsters

but how about MONSTERS.........

i can not spend my life blaming victims. it is pointless. entertainment is only one area of human activity to be gauged or measured withe in this system of pseudo-supremacy. censorship of any of the nine areas of human activity (economics education entertainment labor law politics religion sex war) is not called for because our problems withe 'whiteness' is older than this rap or hibbidy hop.

i once saw a hottentot venus shakin' her butt.
now what?

steatopygia is a good thing.

freedomisahapislave

Messages In This Thread

uk tv exposes rap
Re: uk tv exposes rap
Not many hip-hop artists now..mostly rappers *NM*
Hip-Hop vs. Rap
"the debt" and "the reckoning" *LINK*
UK: hottentot venus, big butts, and fashion *LINK*
"Hottentot Venus" *NM* *LINK*
Saarjite Baartman/ The Hottentot Venus
Still goes on today
Re: Still goes on today
"Hottentot Venus" and pagan Goddess-worshipping *LINK*
artist are not concentrated on the maternal *NM*
illict immoral images VS censorship
i like big butts---sir mix a lot
VS... i wish i had a big butt *LINK*
Re: VS... i wish i had a big butt
exhibitions of non'whites' in the 'white' world *LINK*
it's more rick james----super freaking
all that is good is nasty *NM* *LINK*
hip hop is just reality

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com