HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Well...lets check with Nature
In Response To: Re: In search of balance ()

I have not the knowledge/wisdom to accept or refute the poster's claims, however I have learned to refer to Nature. So my questions are:

Do other mammals (especially primates) menstruate?
Are there ancient writings or legends that deal with this topic?

If is isn't written in the stars, or written in nature (same thing), you must refute. Afrocentrically, EVERYTHING can be sourced to Nature.

I do know that everything has a cycle. Blood has always indicated covenant/life/death/rebirth.

((((((((((((The following is from Wikipaedia. I disagree with their social/politic definitions but I see no reason for them to bias biological findings.)))))))))))))))

[[Besides humans, only other great apes exhibit menstrual cycles, in contrast to the estrus cycle of most mammalian species. During the menstrual cycle, the sexually mature female body releases one egg (or occasionally two, which might result in dizygotic, or non-identical, twins) at the time of ovulation. The lining of the uterus, the endometrium, builds up in a synchronised fashion. After ovulation, this lining changes to prepare for potential implantation of the fertilised egg to establish a pregnancy. If fertilisation and pregnancy do not ensue, the uterus sheds the lining and a new menstrual cycle begins. The process of the shedding of the lining is called menstruation. Menstruation manifests itself to the outer world in the form of the menses (also menstruum): essentially part of the endometrium and blood products that pass out of the body through the vagina. Although this is commonly referred to as blood, it differs in composition from venous blood.]]

So my question is: have apes in the wild also gone astray of natural harmony?

-always seeking Ma'at

Messages In This Thread

In search of balance
Re: In search of balance
Well...lets check with Nature
Re: Well...lets check with Nature
our primordal greatness produced "white"ness. *NM*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com