Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Ex-Mugabe ally changes his tune

Ras Tonga

Upon rereading your post I realize that I failed to respond to your main question whic is as follows:-

"""Tell me does Mugabe make a better example to African leaders and the common African man now or in 1989 before te land 'revoluton'? How many Africans outside Zimbabwe now long to stay in Zimbabwe after the land revolution? I knew many fellow Carribeans who had come to settle in Zimbabwe - and have left. What does this say of the country? Is this the 'system' you want us to support; the country you want us to be proud off? Can the country which every one runs from be the model for Africa as some writers seem to suggest."""

If we look to white approval of our leaders then of caurse many will see him as a poor leader . If we seperate the issue of land and economics , then yes we will see him as a poor leader ...
If instead we look to the future and hope to one day be truly free . If we hope to rectify the injustices of the past . If we hope to built a nation in which the haves and the haves not share the same skin colour , if we wish to rid the country of the have nots- then the land must be re-distributed , LAND IS THE BASIS OF NATIONAL ECONOMIC WEALTH

Many Africans used to want to and went to live and work in Racist aparthied SA , did that make the system right ? So the fact that Africans no longer want to Live in Zimbabwe only proves that the economy is in a slump , people will put up with a hell of a lot of injustices , so as to eat today , it is this type short-term thinking and nearsighted vision that the western imperialist is gambling or counting on . Now I now the importance of eating today , for without food there maybe no tomarrow .

People flee from countries , whenever the going gets tough , fair weather friends is what we call then . The tough remain and get things going .

I trust i answered your question

respects

Messages In This Thread

Ex-Mugabe ally changes his tune

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com