HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Ex-Mugabe ally changes his tune

I try to avoid discussing Zimbabwe given that it is too emotional an issue to me - and yet seems a good tool for 'white hatred debate for some brothers and sisters.

I spoke to my mother today - based in Harare Zimbabwe, she informed me that the whole family has gone without proper food - not because they do not have money, but the shelves either do not have food or are stuffed with low grade products. These are realities on the ground. When I now asked my mother what the leadership in Zimbabwe was doing about this, she responded that she hated Mugabe so much and could not understand how she had voted for him and been a staunch supporter of him before. By the way my mother held a strong position in the party hierachies earlier this year. Zimbabwe has gone bad for those who are in opposition to Mugabe and those who support (supported) Mugabe. It is not about opposition politics but rather a fearfully rapid deterioration of an Economy which was once admired by the whole of Africa.

Tell me does Mugabe make a better example to African leaders and the common African man now or in 1989 before te land 'revoluton'? How many Africans outside Zimbabwe now long to stay in Zimbabwe after the land revolution? I knew many fellow Carribeans who had come to settle in Zimbabwe - and have left. What does this say of the country? Is this the 'system' you want us to support; the country you want us to be proud off? Can the country which every one runs from be the model for Africa as some writers seem to suggest.

We need to be sincere to ourselves. Without truthful understanding of our limitations we cannot prevail.

As for Moyo, you just need to read three of his speeches before he joined Mugabes regime(a brave critic of Mugabe), during Mugabes regime (he pushed the regime to insensitivity) and after the regime (castigating his own acts) to see how desperate he is to understand himself. Such men are dangerous as they can experiment with the whole nation in a bid to understand themselves - and even worse: come out still not understanding themselves.

There is so much literature on the internet about Moyo which you can really read and have a more informed judgement of his actions.

Messages In This Thread

Ex-Mugabe ally changes his tune

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com