Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Black Star Liner

Hail Rastafari,

Marcus Mosiah Garvey is an inspiration for me. The man stood up for his rights and organized and centralized his people to re-member the dis-memberment from slavery. To express seeing God through African spectacles for Africans supported the universal revelation that Emperor Haile Selassie I is the prophesied Ancient Of Days worthy of thanks giving, glory, and allegiance. Truly Ethiopia has opened her hands unto God and the Black King prophesied by Garvey is none other that the Might and Power of The Trinity Conquering Lion Of The Tribe Of Judah King of Kings and Lord Of Lords.

I think of my Quaker ancestors that were inpsired by Harriet Tubman and supported the Underground Railroad which had a direct positive affect in the liberation of physically bound Africans in the diaspora. Similar I am inspired by Garveys words, impassionate speeches, vision, and connection to the Almighty which leads to my works in and outside of Africa.

Also Marcus Mosiah Garvey's vision and work towards a Black Collective Shipping Company is inspiring. To form cooperation economically for a righteous cause is to challenge the satanic-demon-cratic agenda which feeds off unfocused spending.

Also the Black Star on Ghana's flag that Kwame Nkruma designated amongst the red, gold, and green is an ensign for the physical re-membering to rally round as an entrance way forward into the Motherland. Garvey's vision lives on in Black people as well as others who take up the work of Jah for atonement, preparing a place, and supporting Repatriation and Reparation for Africans in the diaspora and the nation building of Africa.

"A people without knowledge of their past is like a tree without roots."

These words have been so important for Africans claiming their true story.
How for me are they important as a "caucasian"?
They are important in one because they have supported the re-membering process of lost African souls stuck in filling their temple with babylon vices. They are important for me also becuase though Garvey was not speaking to other nations the wordsound still hits a universal chord of knowing oneself is a process of digging deep into the dark nourishing blackness of the past to know ones inner root from which all growth stems.
Give thanks for the issues raised.
I can overstand how using "Ras" for non black people can be seen as the next level of white priveledge and arrogance.

For myself I am known by my creator and Ras has been a title annointed upon me which mirrors my works. I did not take the title but was given it at age 24 when I came into The Abyssinian Assembly Of The Living God. I do not intend it to be disrespect though I am aware of certain ones disdain that I carry it. For that I apologize and hope that one day I am able to defend myself, my God, my heritage, and my destiny face to face.

I wonder at the The Priests words that no "white" can impart anything of worth into his mind or heart. I have no doubt that that is his truth. I do wish for the Priest an experience that is positive so that His Majesties Words ring true without partiallity,
"The fruit of cooperation is success."

Haile Selassie The First,
Christopher Liontree

Messages In This Thread

Should Ras Be Used By Europeans?
Re: Should Ras Be Used By Europeans?
About Respect
How many of them hail Marcus? *NM*
Re: How many of them hail Marcus?
Black Star Liner
Re: Black Star Liner
Re: How many of them LOVE Marcus?
Re: How many of them LOVE Marcus?
A dwarf standing on a Giant's shoulders...
Re: A dwarf standing on a Giant's shoulders...
Re: A dwarf standing on a Giant's shoulders...
H.I.M. presentation @ Marcus Garvey Center
Re: H.I.M. presentation @ Marcus Garvey Center
Why cant they use...
Re: Why cant they use...
IthiopianRasses do not want Black Jamaicans using
'white' ras = TARZAN
Re: 'white' ras = TARZAN
Re: Should Ras Be Used By Europeans? *NM*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com